The Godfather vs. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

25 comments

28 comments

Ho-ly-shit.

Godfather for me. It had more of an impact.

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly is in my top 20. Godfather is somewhere far off.

there are 3 things i hate in this world: godfather 1, godfather 2 and godfather 3...

The Good, the Bad... is just one of the hundreds of movies I feel is more valuable and non-cynical than The Godfather.

Godfather is a classic

The Good The Bad and The Ugly wins!

Godfather by a small margin

Ugh.......The Godfather.....but picking this one just sucked....both are so damn good.

Going with that bad ass music.

The Godfather by a comfortable margin.

The Godfather by a comfortable margin.

This is terribly close. The Godfather barely wins.

Probably one of the toughest matchups I've come across. I believe they are right next to each other on my chart, The Godfather wins.

Only one of these classics is in my top 20.

Both are awesome. Godfather is just perfection though.

22 VS 23. Battle of the timeless classics right here. The Godfather barely wins it.

Both pure brilliance but the Godfather is the movie that has been remembered after all these years and is the film I will remember even more than GBU

TGF>GBU

The Godfather. I love both though.

They used to be 22 and 23 now after rewatching both of them they are now 11 and 12. The Godfather still wins.

wow JC13!!! Pretty remarkable really! TGF wins definitely, greater performances, better characters and a better story..Overall, the better film

My two favourite movies of all time! I CAN’T DO IT!

The Mexican Standoff in The Good, the bad and the Ugly is arguably the single greatest scene ever filmed in the history of cinema. Both make my top 20, but The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is better.

lud
lud

Blondie , Angel Eyes and Tuco. No doubt at all.

Godfather for me, but who knows what my opinions will be after a few rewatches.

Goddammit. On the left is the greatest Western ever made, and on the right the greatest crime film ever made. I guess this could ultimately come down to which genre you prefer, as these are both head of the pack in their respective fields, and for me that genre is crime. I'm sorry Leone, but Godfather takes it by a very small margin.

#1 vs #2 on my chart. It's painful to pick a winner.

The Godfather easy

Fabulous matchup. Much respect to TGF, but I prefer GBU.

The Godfather for this one easly

Two absolute classics. I'll take The Good, the Bad and the Ugly for this one.

Oh man, what a matchup! I mean, who is to say which is a better film? Both are classics. Both are epic. For me though, my favorite of the two is The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

TG tB Tu

TGTBATU

Easy win for The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. There's only one movie that beats this movie, and that movie is 2001: A Space Odyssey.

That really hard to choose, both perfectly well made and with her own charme, The social network is my fourth favourite fincher film and Barton fink is my third favourite coen brothers film, I found Barton fink more original and stylized, so I must go with the coens.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

What a matchup! The Godfather wins for me. No slight on The Good, the Bad and the Ugly however - obviously.

The good the bad and the ugly

lud
lud

GBU by faaar

Great matchup in an objective context. But in my own personal opinion: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly wins easily. The Godfather slowed down a little in the middle but TGTBTU never had a dull moment. It’s epic, has great characters, a great score, great production design. It’s as perfect as not only a western can be but as any FILM can be!

lud
lud

20-20.

The Godfather is brilliant, but I'm taking Good, Bad and the Ugly.

I like the Italian movie about Americans better than the American movie about Italians.

The Godfather by far.

The Good the Bad and The

Godfather

The Godfather No contest

The Godfather has the more fleshed-out plot and charcters. It's honestly just better to me. Both are amazing and are in my top 10 though.

The Godfather is an incredibly well made film with virtually no flaws... However, it can get quite boring and slow at certain points unfortunately. While GBU is around the same length it still manages to be more entertaining and interesting to watch and digest. Close one but Eastwood beats Brando in the battle of the greats.

GBU is the best western but GF is top 5 movies of all time

fck godfather the good the bad an the ugly wins.

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly is an awesome movie and easily the greatest western of all time, but The Godfather is comfortably above it.

Phenomenal matchup. Gotta go with Coppola though.

My favorite Western against my favorite gangster movie, Coppola for the win

As much as I love TGTBU, I have to give the edge to The Godfather

Both movies are in my top 10 of all time but Godfather wins. The epic performances of Godfather of Brando, Pacino, Cain and the Tom character makes GF the easy winner

I often rather watch TGTBATU