The Godfather vs. Vertigo

7 comments

11 comments

Wow, two incredible masterpieces!

My two favorite films of all time.

vertigo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two great masterpieces by two great directors, but The Godfather has to take the cake. With amazing performances by Al Pacino and Marlon Brando plus several other supporting casts and one of the best story lines in the history of film how can you go wrong.

Vertigo is better than The Godfather and by far

The Godfather. Vertigo just can't hang here....

Vertigo by a baboon's ass-hair.

Vertigo is great and all, but it doesn't stand a chance here. It shouldn't feel bad though, because most films don't.

Jimmy Stewart can't top Brando and Hitchcock definitely can't in this match up. The Godfather is scene after scene of cinematic perfection, giving us some of the greatest and most memorable performances with each actor embodying a memorable character. The Godfather simply owns and I do love a lot of Hitchcock's films...sadly, Vertigo isn't one of them.

Two all time classics that both can legitimately vie for best ever. I prefer Vertigo.

The Godfather wins. Vertigo is still an absolutely superb film, but its not The Godfather.

Two incredible masterpieces but you know I gotta go with Vertigo.

Yeah,goin' with Vertigo.

If you pick Vertigo I'd be perfectly fine with that, but The Godfather is one of my all time favorites, something that Vertigo, sadly, isn't.....

Not Vertigo.

Godfather by million miles

Vertigo easy

Godfather is good but pretty inconsistent (and yes, I'm well aware that's an unpopular opinion). Vertigo is roughly 281 spots higher on my chart!

I will pick Vertigo in an extremely close battle. I love the Godfather though too.

I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse.

Vertigo is a near perfect movie, but The Godfather is perfect. The way it depicts the immigrant experience in America showing multiple conflicting sides of the American Dream, family and business, is incredibly powerful. The cinematography is near unmatched, the editing is some of the best, the characters are deeply complex and layered, the movie is philosophical with power and corruption of the American Dream being main aspects, and it’s overall one of if not the most perfectly made movie ever along with Citizen Kane