The Wolverine vs. X-Men Origins: Wolverine

23 comments

3 comments

One actually gives a shit about the titular character. The other is Origins.

Origins isn't terrible in my opinion, but The Wolverine stomps all over it.

It's true, The Wolverine is vastly better because it does most everything right.

Although Mangold could be a better action director, The Wolverine is well-cast, well-acted, and fairly well-written, sans its obligatory superhero showdown climax; Origins tried to do too much, and didn't do any of it well.

No, wait, what I meant to say was that everything in Origins had been done before in other movies and done better. The Wolverine is derivative, too, of course, but much like life itself, in which the same things happen to different people, it is made interesting by its characters, not by its plot.

X-Men Origins is, to me, a non-canonical guilty pleasure with fun performances and some decent action scenes. The Wolverine, however, is better in pretty much all respects.

theirs really nothing to say obviously the wolverine.

The Wolverine just does it better. Origins wasn't all bad but it's so lacking when you now compare it to the better film.

One overrated film with an atrocious 3rd act and another which is the absolute bottom-of-the-barrel, quintessential bad movie (we're talking Highlander 2 territory here).

Anyone who likes Origins more than The Wolverine is not a friend of mine...

What is it with Wolverine films needing a ton of nonsensical, pointless padding to reach beyond a 15 minute run time?

The Wolverine is among one of my favorite comic book movies.

^It's like an old man giving his opinion on Lazy Town. Or a two-year-old telling you he doesn't like Citizen Kane.

the Wolverine was one of my favorite films of 2013 so its the clear winner.

Origins is one of the superhero films I've ever seen. Wolverine isn't good, but at least it isn't the shit Origins is.

one of the worst* I've ever seen. Although, yeah, it's also one of the superhero films I've seen.

Absolute domination by The Wolverine...

Rac
Rac

THE

The Wolverine is still an amazing film. Origins gets worse and worse with every new X-Film release to compare it to - yet The Wolverine will always remain favorable.

The shitsome duo. I'm rooting for 'Logan' though...

Logan was better than Origins but not as good as The Wolverine.

Origins ain’t as shit as most people will lead you to believe, in the end though the wolverine is the better made film

I’ll go with the wolverine because is far the better film and while origins is just awful terrible in a whole level.

Origins Was Awful (Except For The Uncaged Version Of The Video Game, THAT Was Badass), but the uncut unleashed and bloodier version of the wolverine is a lot better, but Logan stomps on both of them

The Wolverine is way better

The Wolverine has problems, but overall it's fine. Nothing good, nothing bad. Origins on the other hand is one of the worst movies of all time. The world building and plot are just broken. It's like a DCEU movie before the DCEU.

Wolverine has an atrocious third act that makes it go from decent to average, origins is catwoman level bad

X-Men Origins is the worst comic book movie I have ever seen, and I have included Superman IV and Batman & Robin. The Wolverine is still bad, but it is an obvious improvement

I dont know whats up with all the origins hate. Loved it way more than the wolverine tbh

then all people always enjoy The Wolverine Maria Tano because for me I didn't like The Wolverine at all because this is one of the worst chapters of the Saga it won't be one of the worst but I didn't even give it a good rating because Wolverine only causes disasters in the film uniquepeople who do good things the first are the two females I swear to you if these two wouldn't have saved Wolverine Otherwise he wouldn't even be in the film and then the bad guys aren't nice at all all the bad guys especially especially the snake woman and then not I understand why when yeshe takes off his grip he becomes hairless But the thing that makes me very angry all the time if she has put Wolverine too many times tight but he can't even beat a little girl with red hair and even ends up pathetically is then the old man who wants to take the ingenuity ofWolverine who is supposed to be Silver Samurai I don't understand why he has to be half a machine and he also ends up not well Oh poor man he takes a sword to his niece's head and she falls down But then what's the point of using Wolverine since he's of no use at all film him what two good things about the filmthey are the setting of Japan it is an appearance of Magneto it is professor X for me This movie is one of the worst chapters for this because x-man original Wolverine wins