Scott Pilgrim vs. the World vs. Inception

10 comments

13 comments

The toughest decision of this summer. I loved both. Scott Pilgrim was visual treat, hilarious, and wonderfully entertaining. Inception was a smart sci-fi actioner built around an emotional core. In the end, Inception wins out for me, at least for now. Pilgrim's presentation was a whole lot more fun, but Inception has a more fleshed out backbone.

Inception was really good, but Scott Pilgrim was an absolute blast. I gotta go with SCVTW.

JRM
JRM

My absolute two favorite movies of the year so far. I loved other movies this year like Kick-Ass and Toy Story 3, but these two floored me. As much as it pains me to vote against Scott Pilgrim (a movie everyone on the planet should see but isn't), my vote has to go to Inception. Two very creative films that will leave a lasting impression on me for years to come.

I loved them both but for totally different reasons. I'm gonna go for Inception though, since that made me think more.

Don't really know how can we argufy about different genres on this site, but, ok, Scott Pilgrim - forever! =) And "The Sting" (is episode twelve in season four of Futurama) I liked more than Inception %) Sorry for my pour language, don't speak english.

Sorry Nolan, but Scott Pilgrim was more visually inventive, and had a metric ton more fun and excitement to it.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World defines its generation like no other movies of the last 15 years.

ear
ear

Inception is still the best film of the year.

Scott Pilgrim has been accused of having nothing at stake. The motivation at the heart of Inception would appear to be the cathartic letting-go of the guilt surrounding a loved-one's suicide. Major stuff. So why is it that Inception feels empty while Scott Pilgrim dances delicately around the subject of desire in dazzling 8-bit brashness? The clincher is that Scott Pilgrim's soundtrack didn't make me feel nauseous. Scott Pilgrim gets the extra life.

Wow! My two 2010 favorite movies. I'm gonna go with Scott Pilgrim because I loved the originality and laughing a lot. Inception is a sci-fi masterpiece, but it's not funny.

Easily my two favorites from this summer -- Scott Pilgrim was a riot, but I'm going with Inception - something about Nolan films draw me into them to the point where I lose track of time and space, and Inception was another fine example. Of course repeat viewings might change my mind, but at first blush the win goes to Inception.

Scott Pilgrim was a very different kind of movie. It was like a video game movie with sound effects and points! It was very entertaining but Inception just blew MY MIND!

Scott Pilgrim was absolutely amazing, my number two movie of the year, but Inception is the closest thing to what I would consider a perfect movie.

Rewatching these will decide the winner. I came out of the theater from both of these really blown away, but for now I like Inception a bit more overall.

Scott Pilgrim is fun. Hell it's a solid, good-fun movie with one error that really got under my skin: Michael Cera as an action star. Conceptually I have no problem with it but for fuck's sake he can't punch! Who the hell can't punch? Who the fuck can't make a fist? Thank God for the stunt team 'cause the dude is a foetus.

Scott Pilgrim is definitly my favorite movie here. A lot more entertaining with a very high "rewatch" factor.

Scott was a good movie, but I well have to go with Inception

I ? me some Scott Pilgrim...but Michael Cera was the one turn-off or me, I thought Kieran or Jason could've played Scott better. INCEPTION is in my top ten, because 1- Chris Nolan is one of, if not the, best original minds in Hollywood today, 2- the cast rivals that of Shawshank in its perfection, 3- Hans Zimmer once again proves his genius in music-making, and finally 4- the script was one of the best of 2010, its a pity it didn't win anything important besides Cinematography. Long Live NOLAN!!

^^I -heart- me some scott pilgrim^

Inception gets more layered and fascinating every time I watch it. Scott is hilarious and a whole lot of fun, but a couple of characters just seem flat, particularly Ramona. Inception for the win.

Inception by far. Scott Pilgrim just didn't work for me. I can understand why other people like it so much, though.

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World didn't work for me either. Inception hammers it.

Sorry Scott, but to me, Inception is the best film of 2010.

Love both, but Inception is better.

This really isn't fair. Scott Pilgrim is such a fun movie but Inception is one of the greats.

Edgar Wright and Christopher Nolan never disappoint

Scott Pilgrim is very fun and oozes style through its visuals and editing. Inception is a science fiction masterpiece. No contest.

inception stomps so hard