Scott Pilgrim vs. the World vs. Inglourious Basterds

3 comments

15 comments

Tarantino's latest or gaming geeks' greatest?

I feel like I'm required by law to say Basterds (and it is indeed awesome) but I do lesbian Scott Pilgrim. Still ultimately I still gotta go with Basterds.

Did Hitler explode into a shower of golden coins at the end of Inglourious Basterds? No. Scott Pilgrim wins!

This is a toughie. Inglourious Basterds is the better film. I still love Scott Pilgrim, a very memorable and fun film.

JRM
JRM

I can't pick Pilgrim over the Basterds. :(

Basterds. I just didn't think the Scott Pilgrim movie lived up to the graphic novels.

I love Scott Pilgrim a little more. SP by an inch.

Pilgrim due to the amount of times I've re watched it.

INGLORIOUS! They are, they are (what they names?)... in, in, inglorious... they be, they be... in, in, INGLORIOUS. (The Doc said I need about three weeks of recovery. But you know how it is, the nurses is lovin' me.)

ear
ear

Sorry Pilgrim but Inglorious Basterds is the masterwork here.

Pilgrim is just too much fun as a movie for it to not win. Plus I didn't need to read subtitles during the movie.

I mean i love every Quentin Tarantino film, and Inglourious is the best one, and it is better then Scott Pilgrim but not by much. Inglourious is #2 on my flickchart. Scott Pilgrim is #9

Inglourious Basterds wins, but I agree Scott Pilgrim is a worthy opponent.

two movies I hated and the rest of the world seemed to love whoever wins this matchup will be decided by my list and i could care less

I wasn't a fan of Scott Pilgrim either. The lack of logic (everyone can be a superhero? Why must Scott fight the 7 evil exes?) bugged me, and it just wasn't funny. Inglourious is dropping on my list (probably because it becomes more boring everytime I watch it), but I still enjoy and admire it a lot more than Scott Pilgrim. Inglourious Basterds wins.

basterds

Just another day of ranking my Top 20 movies over and over, my guilty pleasure

Scott Pilgrim is great, but Basterds wins pretty easily.

Scott Pilgrim is great, but Basterds wins pretty easily.

Scott Pilgrim falls under the category of pleasant surprise. Inglourious Basterds falls under the category of one of my favorites of all time.

Scott Pilgrim holds the edge in the entertainment department and is probably more consistent, especially with its pacing. Inglourious Basterds has better acting (Waltz obliterates anyone from Pilgrim.), better moments (Intro, strudel scene, bar scene, theater scene, ending, etc.), better screenplay, it contains 4 different languages and a ton of memorable quotes. Win goes to Basterds overwhelmingly.