The Magnificent Seven vs. The Magnificent Seven

4 comments

4 comments

It's been ages since I saw the original, but I recall being bored by it, mostly. Enjoyed the remake, although I thought Chris Pratt seemed out of place. I guess at some point I'll have to watch Seven Samurai and the 1960 film.

I love the remake, but nothing's touching the original classic (which is on par with it's original; Seven Samurai)

The remake was fine, but both the plot and characters felt a bit undercooked. The 1960 version is simply more...wait for it...wait for it...MAGNIFICENT!

I actually enjoyed the remake more which was surprising. I love classic films and westerns but the original Magnificent Seven did nothing for me. Maybe Seven Samurai was in my head too much which I thought was vastly better.

I actually enjoyed the remake more which was surprising. I love classic films and westerns but the original Magnificent Seven did nothing for me. Maybe Seven Samurai was in my head too much which I thought was vastly better.

The original is a kind of just a watered down version of Seven Samurai but it's also a lot of fun and has a great cast. This remake feels even more watered down and isn't nearly as fun.

I usually don't like remakes, but in this case, I will side with the newer version . The third act was magnificent.

The original easily. Great cast, superb dialogue and holds up extremely well! I was looking forward to the remake. It could’ve been the film to recreate the charm of 1960s westerns but for a modern audience. We need something to redefine westerns today like how Unforgiven recreated westerns for a 1990s audience. Instead, we got a dull, watered down film that just goes through the motions and does absolutely nothing to be interesting on its own right!