The Fighter vs. The King's Speech

5 comments

1 comments

I'm not saying The Fighter should've won Best Picture (that should've been Inception), but it was definitely better than The King's Speech.

I thought the King's Speech was a good movie that cast great actors and actresses did a good job telling the story of how the Duke of York overcame his stammer and became the leader that England needed during WW2. But I thought it got too much hype and was not as good as everyone said it was. The Fighter has an awesome cast with Mark Wahlberg playing boxer Micky Ward along with Christian Bale playing his older crack addicted brother Dickie. I pick The Fighter

The Fighter was crap. Christian Bale saved it from being a flop. The fights scenes were dreadful, it was unoriginal and disappointing. The King's Speech was full of charm, excellent acting and was positvely uplifting. No contest.

I really do like both, but the King's Speech is a little better because I can relate to that more then The Fighter (overcoming obstacles is a theme in both, but the King's Speech does it better). however inception is better then both of these movies.

King's Speech was a well rounded movie, but personally I'm pretty far removed from anything happening in that movie and couldn't connect like I did with Fighter.

The Fighter

no contest The Fighter outstanding film.

The Fighter smashes The King's Speech...

The King's Speech is incredible but The Fighter wins without a doubt.