The Fighter vs. Raging Bull

5 comments

5 comments

BOXING!!!

You heard here first folks, Dickie Ecklund didn't knock Sugar Ray down, Sugar Ray slipped. Re the films, Bale totally deserves his Oscar, he nailed Ecklund (not literally of course, I mean how ew would that be??)...

I just recently watched both movies and I just found it kind of hard to watch Raging Bull so I give it to the Fighter.

I'm not a big fan of boxing movies and sports movies in general. They're very formulaic and predictable. So as you can tell, I'm not a big fan of both of these movies. I thought The Fighter was more entertaining, mainly because of Christian Bale.

I guess I enjoyed The Fighter, but Raging Bull made a very strongl impression on me. The slow motion fight scenes in Raging are some of the most powerful and most well-edited action scenes I've ever seen. And not to say that Bale wasn't excellent in the fighter, but de Niro's performance in Raging Bull was absolutely fantastic. I'm very surprised The Fighter is higher tha Raging Bull on Flickchart.

Raging Bull all the way. the fighter doesnt deserve to be higher than raging bull, not by a longshot

Raging Bull without a doubt. The Fighter is overrated.

The top 2 sports movies of all time in my opinion. Great performances by two of my favorite actors ( De Niro and Bale) , but I have to go with Raging Bull barely.

if im going to watch one of these, i'll watch the fighter, but if you ask me what a better film is i'll say raging bull

Agree 100% with Craig. The Fighter is ranked higher in my chart....but I have no problem admiting that Raging Bull is the better movie...

These two along with Warrior (2011) are my top three sports movies, Raging Bull is probably the best of the three.

Raging Bull but not by much.

Easy The Fighter

Raging Bull is so overrated. Give me the Fighter all day long.