Star Wars vs. Alien

22 comments

9 comments

STAR WARS was a pretty amazing space thriller, but ALIEN was just so much more innovative. I'm still impressed by ALIEN, which is much better than it has any right to be.

Both movies had a major, major influence on not only science fiction, but movies in general. These are two game-changing films. But as big a deal as Star Wars is, Alien is a better movie, no matter how you look at it.

Star Wars wins, maybe because it was better in every aspect.

It's near impossible to choose from these films by just watching them! I think Star Wars was pretty much the first major film to kick start the sci-fi/space craze of that time, as much as I like both films I think Alien must've been kinda inspired by it. So I'll say Star Wars...

I get what you guys are saying about ALIEN, and I do agree that it had a maaaaajor impact on american science fiction film-making, but I think Star Wars had an even greater impact, and the quality of the films themselves is, IMO, comparable (You could obviously arue a point or two, but I find they're both on the same plateau).

i look at these as peoples own personal opinion... what would i prefer to watch given the choice. Star Wars, simples.

Alien was a ground breaking in many ways. It is a masterpiece and stands out as the best of the Aliens franchise. Star Wars on the other hand, on it's own, isn't better than Empire or Jedi. Alien wins.

Shit! a tough one, I love Alien but I guess I love StarWars more. Darth Vader FTW!

Alien acted more of a haunted house film for me while Star Wars was a much more fun and much more science fiction based for me. Alien but a slight, slight portion only because it was scarier and better acted.

Can't help but go Star Wars here...

I love Alien, but Star Wars will always mean more to me.

A battle of two all-time classic Sci-Fi's. As a kid, Star Wars would've been my pick. As of today, I choose Alien.

I love Star Wars, its a great space opera, but Alien is the perfect Horror movie, a scifi horror movie to boot!

Star Wars has more elements of fun while both are in my top 20 and Alien is deeper in metaphor and alagory its still a simple tale so THE Epic Star Wars wins.

Star Wars by a short (not long) shot.

I prefer Star Wars

This is my 3000 ranking Alien ? The best Sci-Fi ever made Star Wars ? All work and no play makes Lucas a dull boy

Star wars is way better

No contest at all...it's Star Wars, hands down.

Star Wars

Alien destroys every star wars movie.Period.

Star Wars for me.

Easy, Alien

Star Wars means nothing to me so it's not hard. Alien wins. I do enjoy Star Wars more now since Force Awakens, I watched all 6 again recently and loved the first 3. But they aren't Alien or Aliens.

Alien is the better sci-fi here.

Alien is far better terrific film of all time, it destroys Star Wars in every way..

Alien is far better terrific film of all time, it destroys Star Wars in every way..

Alien is incredible but my fondness and wonder that comes from watching Star Wars can hardly be matched

Alien is the better film, every Star Wars film just sucks.

Alien is far better of the greatest sci-fi films of all time, every Star Wars movie is mostly overrated boring bullshit it is..

Sorry never mind switching to Star Wars this time.

Always Star Wars.