Star Wars vs. The Godfather Part II

14 comments

26 comments

OMG, how is anyone supposed to pick between Godfather II

Jesus, I just had to pick between the original Godfather and Star Wars. I think Godfather 2 is my all time #1 so...

Godfather Pt 2 was too slow paced for me.

people think godfather 2 is the best cos they are told its the best

It's one of the toughest calls ever. If asked a few months ago, I would have picked Star Wars, but now I go with Godfather Part II. I think it's the best movie ever.

Godfather II is great, now if it was Godfather Pt. II against Empire that would be hard.

"Star Wars" has its moments, but it's pretty slow going. I've only seen "Godfather II" once, but I remember it fondly. I always appreciated the parallel stories of father and son, though it seemed to me to end fairly abruptly.

Don't make me choose...

@arvino: No, people think it's the best because it IS the best. It's a sequel that feels like it actually has a story to tell, a reason to be. It actually expands upon and takes a good, hard look at what happened in the first Godfather. And I don't know how they managed to do it, but it tops the first one.

Your childhood, or yoyr soul? Nostalgia or quality? My head went kaboom. If you go quality moviemaking, you go GFII, best sequel ever. If you go for fun, you go SW. Me? I go "refresh screen"... (Nah, I went SW. I adore GFII, it's the best, but you need to be in a certain state to watch it. You can pop SW any time.)

Nah,. I chickened out, went for GFII.

Star....Wars. And I'm sure people understand...that is absolutely no slight on GFII...

I'd rather be a Jedi than a Gangster. But I'd rather watch a Don to a Jedi.

Come on, we all grew up on Star Wars but this shouldn't even be a contest. Both Godfather films (ignore #3) are in a league all by themselves.

Im going with Star Wars.

The Godfather II is better in every way possible.

Godfather is just a bigger achievement in my eyes.

Ha i laugh at this... no comment.

Against Empire or Jedi, Godfather Part II would lose, but against the original Star Wars the Corleone's have the slight edge.

godfather 2 is by far better in every possible categories.

Is it OK if I can pick both films

I respect Star Wars more nowadays, but it really doesn't win here. Godfather 2 for the tremendous character of Michael, a magnificent portrayal of his degrading relationship depicted masterfully by Coppola as well as the remarkable contrasting backstory of his father, Rota's mesmerizing score, the iconic individual scenes( particularly those involving Michael) & above all Pacino's performance.

Nah, Star Wars gets the win.

Star Wars wins because it will always have a special place in my heart. So will the Godfather Part II but not the way I have Star Wars.

As much as I love The Godfather Part II it can't beat Star Wars. Both are top 10.

picking between part 1 and starwars was hard, but now this? ..... ...... .............. godfather 2, making it better than part 1 one my flickchart

Star wars. Easy

star wars

I always have more fun with Star Wars I know on a technical side and modern style Godfather part 2 is better both are in my top 50 greatest films but i like Star Wars more, not by much

Godfather

Part II is the better movie, but Star Wars it IS!

The Godfather Part II absolutely thumps Star Wars in my mind. Far greater film.

Orignal star wars wins

The Godfather movies at least 1 and 2 are above Star Wars. Not that the Star Wars movies aren't great, but the Godfather part 1 and part 2 are probably the two best of all time.

Godfather all day long.

It's absolutely unfair since Star Wars is higher greater the greatest classic films ever made since anything to the godfather II.

It's absolutely unfair since Star Wars is higher greater the greatest classic films ever made since anything to the godfather II.

Star Wars is generally the best classics in my opinion.

GF2, one of the best movies ever

I don't think it's unfair that The Godfather Part II is winning, Star Wars is more influential but Part II is definitely the better movie out of these two