Gremlins vs. Ghostbusters

8 comments

7 comments

Oh, my. How can i choose between two of my favorite films from my childhood?

Can you believe these two movies opened on the exact same day in 1984? They both hold up wonderfully and are among my most beloved films, but...it's Ghostbusters.

2 classic there, another hard one like this, ill go with the one i have seen more of.

They opened the same day? Seriously? Well, for me, this has to be Gremlins all the way. I've seen them both within the last year (after having not seen them for a long time), and I enjoyed Gremlins more.

Tough call. I like the urgency and more horror-centric nature of "Gremlins," but I also dig the more relaxed, comedic nature of "Ghostbusters" I'm sure I'll choose differently each time I get this.

Gremlins, though i do really like Ghostbusters it hasn't aged as well

I don't think I could ever get tired of Gremlins.

Ghostbusters. Easily. I forgot about Gremlins the day after I saw it...

Gremlins but close

Gremlins is much funnier.

I'd sooner watch Bill Murray read the phone book for two hours than watch Gremlins. Ghostbusters destroys...

Ghostbusters for me. I've seen it more times and it's better made. Super close though.

Gremlins. Ghostbusters did not do it for me, too much hype.

Gremlins all the way, Ghostbusters is perfect, but Gremlins is deliciously funny, can actually be really tense at times, amazing practical and special effects, and so charming.

I could watch either of these movies any time and never get bored but I'm going with Ghostbusters. Gremlins is such a great movie but Ghostbusters is almost perfect.

I love them both and have watched them dozens of times, if not over 50 times each. But I have to go with Ghostbusters.

I love them both and have watched them dozens of times, if not over 50 times each. But I have to go with Ghostbusters.