The Thing vs. The Thing

0 comments

6 comments

This is unfair...I know many people didn't like the 2011 version but I thought it was equally great as the original. I was younger when I saw the 1982 version however and didn't know anything about what I was about to watch so it left a larger impression on me.

The original by miles, and miles, and miles. The remake/prequel heavily lacked in the suspense that the original was chock full of and also had CGI effects that were TERRIBLE. The practical effects used in the original looked a hell of a lot better and that's saying something, especially coming from a movie that's from the early 80's. As symbolized in the original, MacReady's battle with The Thing was similar to a game of Chess. In the remake/prequel, however, the battle between the female protagonist and The Thing is just a game of "let's try to act as generic as we possibly can". Sorry, Adebisi, but your hat is nowhere to be found in the remake/prequel.

I'm with you Reelz. The prequel lacked everything that made the 82' version great, most notably replacing the awesome practical effects with less than pleasing CGI.

the 82 version is a game changer so scary with the greatest effects at the time it still blows my mind its far superior even though the new version is decent.

I have nothing to say other than "I fully agree with Reelz comment".

Ummmm, there is ZERO comparison. Carpenter's masterpiece all day!

The original is magnificent much better than the rotten remake version.

Original!