A Few Good Men vs. Born on the Fourth of July

3 comments

1 comments

Born on the Fourth has a better performance from Tom Cruise (probably the best I've seen him in to date), and is clearly the more important, poignant work. But on its own merits, it lacks focus as a film in my opinion, and while it is certainly just as, if not more emotional than its predecessor Platoon, it isn't as well constructed. So on this occasion I'm going to have to give the win to A Few Good Men here.

Two of Cruise best films but even though he was better in 4th of July there's something smart and powerful in Few Good Men with a cast that cant be matched!

Just watching 4th of July for the first time, I liked it a lot but I love a Few Good Men much more.

I liked Born on the Fourth of July a lot more. Such a powerful film and a wonderful performance from Cruise.

Great two of my least favorite Tom Cruise movies. I'm gonna go with A Few Good Men because it didnt bore me as much. I'm not a Tom Cruise action movie lover. I love his smaller films like Rain Man, Jerry Macguire, The Color of Money, and most recently American Made. Jack Reacher 2 and The Last Samurai are other Tom Cruise snooze fests. Which are ironically both directed by Edward Zwick.

born on the fourth is a much more entertaining movie