Star Wars: The Last Jedi vs. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

6 comments

15 comments

When Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is ten times better than the latest Star Wars, then you know Marvel did something right. Who would have ever thought that Guardians would be the better space franchise for Disney???

Agreed. And it wasn't even the best Marvel movie this year.

True, both Thor Ragnarok and GOTG2 are better movies than Last Jedi. By quite a bit.

What a waste of precious and tasty human brains...

Gotta go Jedi...

didn't much like the guardians sequel. jedi it is

Though of course not as good as the first, Guardians 2 is still my favorite movie of the year so far. (Lackluster year, really.) I'm disappointed by that. In fact, I was really hoping The Last Jedi would be better than The Force Awakens. I'm sad that it's just kind of on par. We aren't in prequel territory here, but I'm concerned for the future of the galaxy far, far away.

Guardians of the Galaxy flew off the rails with its second film. Star Wars is a much bigger movie and manages to stay controlled in its lengthy runtime. This choice is too easy.

Guardians Vol 2 is so much better. Last Jedi just flat out insults Skywalker fans. Add the SJW females can do no wrong factor and Last Jedi is shallow pulp.

SPOILERS FOR THE LAST JEDI! If you have not seen this movie or do not want to read any spoilers, I suggest you do not read this comment and watch the movie first! You have been warned! The Last Jedi, though it has its problems is a far better movie in my mind! I love Star Wars and Guardians of the Galaxy can go kiss my ass for all I care! The Last Jedi takes more risks and actually has the balls to kill off a main character in the case of Luke Skywalker. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 did score some points for killing off Yondu but he was more of a supporting character and is not nearly as beloved as Luke Skywalker. Star Wars all the way!

Guardians is vastly superior. Not only does it advance a better story and what is now a better franchise but it doesn't do what Last Jedi did and that's disgrace what has come before. Making Luke Skywalker a bitter quitter rubs most people the wrong way.

GotG was even more formulaic and less imaginative than the original. All Star Wars movies since ROTJ have been toy commercials, but this one has a little more thought than TFA.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 was the better movie by a factor of ten. Completely surprising and fresh. No SJW moments like Last Jedi and no pissing on characters we already liked.

The Last Jedi wins easily. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is good but suffers from an underwhelming story, messy plot, overuse of CGI, not enough character development, and a not so good villain. The Last Jedi is full of emotion, excellent villain, excellent storytelling, amazing character development, great visuals, and amazing action scenes.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is definitely the better movie.

The Last Jedi wins for sure. Guardians of the Galaxy is just average for me. It has good character moments, but its storytelling and CGI was just a mess. Also, many jokes were either cringeworthy or just mean-spirited. The tone is way too inconsistent. The Last Jedi, however, was just perfect. The humor worked perfectly, the visuals were fantastic, the storytelling was epic, and it had amazing character moments.

Guardians 2 is better on every level. Star Wars needs a flush. Kathy Kennedy has been a plaque on the franchise.

The Last Jedi.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 in a walk away romp. Not even close.

Surprised to see I'm the only comment on this; Guardians 2 is the MCU's best and The Last Jedi has too many problems despite the great character stuff with Luke, Kylo Ren, and Rey.

I’m going with GotG 2.

Last Jedi was awful. Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2 has only 14 seconds I actually liked but it's still 14 more than The Last Jedi!

As a massive Star Wars fan I have to go with Guardians of the Galaxy 2!

GOTG 2 craps all over TLJ

Guardians 2 while being really bad, is nowhere near a complete garbage like Last Jedi.