Eyes Wide Shut vs. A Clockwork Orange

8 comments

10 comments

Two Kubrick films. Such a visonary director. Although I feel that Eyes Wide Shut does not get nearly the respect it deserves Clockwork is such a tour de force that it remains a pretty easy cal for me.

The only two Kubrick movies that are still controversial. EYES WIDE SHUT didn't have the extreme violence and was instead impossibly cerebral. A CLOCKWORK ORANGE was more lively, and therefor has the young audience behind it. EYES WIDE SHUT was dense and demanding, and if there's anything that auds find frustrating, it's a ponderous tit flick. I love every minute of these movies.

Two Kubricks...wow. I have to go with Eyes Wide Shut.

a very very difficult choice, 2 of my top ten. i love them both, theres a lot of people who hate eyes wide shut, and honestly i dont get it, the only explanation i can find is that thoes people didnt understand the movie. i can speak for myself the first time i watched eyes wide shut i liked it, but i didnt think it was nothing special, at least comparing to other great kubrick movies, but recently i watched it again and i love it, because not only i failed to understand the story the first time i saw it, but also because i dindt realise the perfect combination of music, acting , camera movement, etc, even though i like it a lot, theres nothing like the clockwork orange, one of the best work of arts i have ever seen, and a movie that changed the way i see movies, thats why it is the winner here, but not from a very distance.

Eyes Wide Shut has more boobs in it but i prefer ACO

Eyes Wide for the time being.

A Clockwork Orange is still my favorite Kubrick movie.

Clockwork is Kubrick's best in my opinion.

A Clockwork Orange does need a re-visit, but until then I'm siding with Eyes Wide Shut.

ACO. Easily.

Two of my favs love eyes Wide Shut Kidmans best so dark and yet delightful however Clockwork Orange is My #1 film undefeated for a reason its shocking real makes you think,funny erotic perverse and is one of the more relevant today than any other of the era its a masterpiece of horror and cinema a giant of dialog and subject matter.

ACO by a longshot

A Clockwork Orange has the more interesting themes and isn't nearly as glacially paced as the patience-trying Eyes Wide Shut.

Eyes Wide Shut. It looks that Caesar don't understand the thing about Eyes...

Eyes Wide Shut for me. I never liked how ACO slowed down so much after the first act.

eyes is better but i prefer clockwork orange .

These two are basically opposites for me. When I first saw Clockwork I absolutely loved it, but over time it has fallen for me considerably. I still like it a lot, but it's actually one of my least favorites from Kubrick. Eyes Wide Shut was one that I really liked the first time, but have liked it more and more with each viewing. It's now my favorite Kubrick and in my top 15 all time.

both incredible, but eyes wide shut is the much denser, more mature film. plus i prefer its dreamy atmosphere to clockwork's aesthetics

The 2 best films from the best director. Both one of the best films ever made... I can't decide... This is one of the hardest decisions I have ever made but Eyes Wide Shut by the slimmest of margins...