The Amazing Spider-Man vs. Batman Begins

1 comments

17 comments

Webb's reimagining fails to equal the visceral thrills of Nolan's masterfully crafted origin story. The freshness of Batman Begins, along with far superior performances, tops Webb's and Raimi's very flawed Spiderman films with ease.

I'm one of the few people who find Batman Begins thoroughly unspectacular. Though the action is great, the story is so muddled and convoluted that it ruins much of the film. The Amazing Spider-Man's action is nowhere near as good as that of Batman Begins, but it's still fine. In Spider-Man, there are no real, huge flaws, but in Batman Begins, we do. Spider-Man wins...

Batman > Spider-Man. 'Nuff said.

I liked how Batman Begins wasn't advertised as the Untold Story of Batman, then showed the same old crap we had gotten from other incarnations, with only brief allusions to the fact that maybe there may be more told in other films. Not the film you paid to see, but another film. I didn't like how Amazing Spider-man was shitty. Boom.

Even after seeing the somewhat underwhelming Insomnia, I still think Batman Begins is Christopher Nolan's weakest film. Some of the dialogue is overly cheesy, the action is poorly filmed, I found the gas subplot to be stupid, the voice is incredibly inconsistent and Katie Holmes looks five years old in the film. With that said though, it's still decent entertainment. The Amazing Spider-Man wasn't amazing, and the Untold Story wasn't untold, Peter Parker was inconsistent as a character, the villain was weak and forgettable, and overall it was pretty blah. It lacked the cheesy colorful fun of the Sam Raimi films which the Spider-Man films should be, not all this depressing teenage drama crap.

Don't get me wrong, I love The Amazing Spider-man, but Batman Begins is the slam-dunk winner here. BB has such a powerful story, great performances, phenomenal action, and strong emotional drive.

The bat eats the spider

Batman Begins is a far superior origin story, although they both have underwhelming conflicts.

I really enjoy both but Batman Begins is the winner.

Batman Begins is the superior superhero reboot

Batman Begins is the superior superhero reboot

The Amazing Spider-Man is so bad and forgettable that not even the Marvelite sock puppets are interested in defending it. After six years since this discussion opened, they are nowhere to be seen, as Batman Begins takes its lead to 12-0!

Both are gone and forgotten and replaced by future looking characters. Begins is more tolerable but both aren't good no matter how feeble the mind that tries and break it down.

Batman Begins trumps any film ever made by any Marvel property, Disney owned or otherwise, thanks to the meticulous crafting by a calculating, sophisticated, swole alpha male in Christopher Jonathan James Nolan.

You've literally become a parody of yourself

Batman Begins is knows how to do an origin story right while Amazing Spidey felt like it was just going through the paces.

batman begins all the way better than the not so amazing spider man

Batman Begins is easily better than The Mediocre Spider-Man

Batman begins is easily the best superhero origin movie ever, beating every marvel movie by far

I think the action and character designs of The Amazing Spider-Man beat Batman begins, but BB has a much better story that's not overly convoluted. You know what the villain wants and it has a satisfying conclusion. Could have gone without the gas leak subplot though. I do enjoy both character arcs for the main heroes, but in the end i do believe BB is a better film, but TASM is more fun to watch.

Batman Begins, by far. It was the start of the best superhero film franchise ever, and it brought a edgier, darker, and modern Batman to the general public. And besides that, the Nolan movies are just cinematically lightyears better than any other film in the genre, let alone ASM

It's incredible that no one really didn't vote but for me the amazing spider-man is very good because the origin story was very good compared to Batman Begins