The Revenant vs. Spotlight

7 comments

2 comments

Two of 2015's most compelling films, so I'll take Spotlight which I would actually watch again.

Spotlight has a great cast and is interesting throughout, but The Revenant is amazing on all levels. A lot of people think Spotlight will win Best Picture, but for my money The Revenant is the much better film.

Spotlight no freekin contest

The Revenant as it has beautiful cinematography and engaging violence, while Spotlight is far too low-key for its own good as it completely lacks any standout or memorable scenes or even lines.

Im going with The Revenant here. Spotlight is a great film, but it just doesn't have many standout scenes like The Revenant does.

Two heavyweights of 2015. One of them ended up winning the Oscar for Best Picture, but the clear choice for me is The Revenant. Just breathtaking at every moment.

Well, guess I'm in the minority but I gotta go Spotlight here. I really enjoyed the scope of The Revenant but the writing and subtle performances of Spotlight really blew me away.

Both are good, but one is significantly better

I love love love the Revenant.

ear
ear

The Revenant was a magnificent achievement in film making. I love this movie.

Spotlight had serious subject matter but I just don't think the film itself is anything spectacular. It really should have been a documentary than a drama film. The Revenant is outstanding from a filmmaking standpoint, brilliantly acted, with a simple story. The Revenant is the clear choice for me.