Bambi vs. The Lion King

4 comments

11 comments

Wow. I mean, just...wow. I consider "Bambi" essential viewing, and find it holds up very well. "The Lion King" is easily my favorite Disney feature since, though, and has that iconic soundtrack. :-/

I feel Bambi is the better film mostly for how well it holds up (as brought up by minlshaw) plus its very dramatic, almost wordless narrative at moments. The Lion King is good too, but often feels like watered down Shakepeare which I can't stand.

They're both iconic films and Bambi is the more essential movie to see because it means so much and has so many themes and lessons to it that just make it a great film for all ages. However, in my opinion Lion King is the better movie because although it does draw most of it's story line from Hamlet the beautiful presentation and the iconic soundtrack does more than make up for it. (also i love lions XD)

well lion king is my favorite disney movie ever so I think I will have to go with that

At first glance, I thought "The Lion King", but now, I'm not so sure...

Circle of Life baby....

They share some of the same qualities and certain aspects, but its "The Lion King" (or "Bamlet") with its music and its savanna setting that beats out the forest by an inch.

The Lion King's great, but if you were to concentrate its greatest aspects into 70 minutes, you'd have Bambi.

The Lion King by miles.

Not close Lion King!

I enjoy Bambi but The Lion King is my favorite animated Disney film.

Lion King (the art of Bambi is great but Ive never liked it)King is amazing!

I'm taking the King here. Both are great though.

Never loved The Lion Kind like so many do. Bambi, though just behind Disney's absolute best, I feel is the better film. It does more with less.

The Lion King is better, even though both sad Disney movies can be great.