The Omen vs. The Exorcist

7 comments

7 comments

Ha! Another match-up I've been waiting for... exorcism vs. demonism. I think The Exorcist is a stronger movie but having watched The Omen a lot as a child and being genuinely creeped out by it, I am partial to it. The Omen wins this battle... today.

Great match up. The Exorcist.

Nah... The Exorcist is way over-rated. Go ahead and watch it again. It doesn't stand the test of time. There are two or three great scenes, but the rest of the movie is really boring and poorly acted. The Omen is excellent, though.

I can back that fully, Greedo man.

I never found The Exorcist boring or poorly acted at all. Maybe I'll re-watch it to be sure, but I've always loved it. The Exorcist for me here.

Omen is scarier to me.

The Exorcist set the stage for these types of films and the charachters and setting are great the gore and dialog is better but story and score plus pure scares and eerie mood goes to the Omen. man this ones a tough one,

The Exorcist beats The Omen by long long ways

The Exorcist was pretty good, but a bit disappointing. I'll take The Omen.

Still gotta go The Exorcist...

The exorcist is not only the scariest movie of all time. Its among the very few movies out there that's actually better than the book, its adapted from. Every one is doing a terrific job acting.

Two of my favorites, but I have to give it to the Exorcist.

Omen for sure, I hate The Exorcist.

The terrifying and chilling horror movie wins over the funny comedy in this Halloween match.

Lol, it just happened to me right now (3:45 AM - Los Angeles time). Nice match-up btw.

The Omen is good, arguably even very good - I'd even call it a classic, personally - but The Exorcist is simply a masterpiece. As much as I like The Omen, this is a pretty easy victory for The Exorcist in my opinion.

I get that The Omen will probably forever be considered an Exorcist-copy, but I honestly think it's the better movie. I love The Exorcist and all, but The Omen for some reason genuinely manages to creep me out in a way that I never really experience with The Exorcist.