Terminator 2: Judgment Day vs. Blade Runner

9 comments

10 comments

Wow! This is tough! Two of my favorites from my childhood. Going with Blade Runner since it has a deeper story, but not really sure which to pick.

Blade runner though it is a tough choice.

BLADE RUNNER, all the way. Not only is it subtler, more iconic and complex, but TERMINATOR 2 has some of the biggest plot holes in movie history. No contest.

T2 owns in this one. Blade Runner has just never worked for me....

Terminator 2 is just pure action, while Blade Runner's plot is complex and multilayered.

Blade Runner. T2 is probably the best action film ever made, or at least in the top 3 of all time. To me, the first Terminator seems to fall under the sci-fi noir category that Blade Runner also falls under. The only question I have is: is the T-1000 a better villain than Batty, or is Batty a better villain than the T-1000? Think about it.

I'd say the first Terminator blurs into action and horror, while Blade Runner is more "purely" science fiction. ~*~*~*~not like it matters~*~*~*~(disclaimer to seem less dorky.) Anyway, Blade Runner. That kid sucks. The heavyhanded moralizing sucks. That liquid metal shit sucks. Remember when liquid metal was supposed to be "cool"? 90s as fuck.

I always thought liquid metal shit was cool :(

Like TheEgant, Blade Runner doesn't really work for me. Terminator 2: Judgment Day certainly does, however. UncleFok's right about the kid, though. Annoying little punk.

T2 wins this one. Blade Runner never impressed me until the end, and T2 is a blast from start to finish.

T2 by a thin margin

Two of the greatest sci/fi action films of all time, this is a tough decision.

Blade Runner wins. I like T-2 but it isn't better then the first Terminator.

T2

Love these two almost the same, but I love Blade Runner a little more.

Just realized their final scenes are quite similar ("I know why you cry" vs "Tears in rain"). Anyway, Blade Runner.

Blade Runner is more achievement here besides T2.

ear
ear

Terminator 2 was more thought provoking fun.

Judgment Day>Blade Runner

Blade Runner was preeminent, overall T2 is still good though..

Terminator 2

Blade Runner can be a bit slow at times but it is still superior to T2

Terminator 2 wins. It has the T1000 !!! IT has far more real and intense action scenes. NOT EVEN CLOSE T2