Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl vs. Hook

7 comments

4 comments

Pirates pirates pirates. Nostalgia vs. quality? Flickchart hates me.

I loved Hook as a kid. I still enjoy it. Johnny Depp is the ONLY reason I choose POTC here. And, even then, just barely, because Dustin Hoffman is fantastic as Hook.

I think POTC was overall better than Hook. It had more hook.

I like Hook a lot but I think that Pirates is the better overall movie

I'm probably going to be the only person to say HOOK.

Hook to me is a little better than Pirates of the Caribbean in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, POTC was good, but for some reason it didn't have that feel to it like Hook did. Overall, both are great movies.

ear
ear

Pirates of the Caribbean is the best Pirates movie. Dustin Hoffman was great as hook though.

ear
ear

Pirates of the Caribbean is the best Pirates movie. Dustin Hoffman was great as Hook though.

Hook was a bit of a bore to me. The score was excellent, and there was some great visuals, but it was too dull, and the humor was often irritatingly juvenile. Pirates of the Caribbean is immensely flawed, but it's a lot of fun, and not bad for what it is.

Pirates. Hook was brutal...in every way...

The first Pirates of the Caribbean is way better. Hook felt more like someone poorly imitating Spielberg than an actual Spielberg movie. It's cliched as hell, it's overly long, it's juvenile and just generally unpleasant and boring.

Hook, that fat black kid was the only flaw in Hook it still wins this one. Tough choice, POTC:COTBP is probably the best pirate themed movie tho.