Psycho vs. Se7en

6 comments

7 comments

Psycho is the better psycho.

Se7en is cool, but this isn't even close. Psycho wins.

Psycho is a bit overrated in my book, and is not Hitchcock's masterpiece. Se7en is a much better thought out movie, and the performances are rich.

Se7en, all day. Stronger script, better performances, and spookier atmosphere. Like rob, I also think Psycho is a tad overpraised. Still an excellent film.

P5v(h0

I love this matchup. Not because they're both very close on my chart of personal favorites (they're far apart), but because they're close in expert ratings. Great matchup also because they're both highly touted mystery thrillers, perhaps the two greatest. People that love Se7en swear by it while I cling to Psycho. Se7en is a quality movie, but it just doesn't grab me like Psycho does. Se7en seems to meander in the middle portions of the movie. I personally thought there were some dull moments there. And for me, dull moments are no-no's in a "thriller". I must admit that Se7en's plot is more intricate than Psycho's plot. But strangely enough, I really don't consider that a knock against Psycho. There's an old adage that attests less is sometimes more. No movie epitomizes that notion more so than Psycho. Its simplicity is actually one of its strongpoints. Again though, great matchup as both movies have phenomenally twisted endings. In fact, Se7en's ending is its calling card. One of the most gripping endings you could ask for. Psycho's ending is remarkable as well. Interesting matchup, but I personally prefer Psycho.

Se7en it is. Tough call...

I pick Se7en although I really like Psycho as well.

Sorry Psycho, Se7en is the king of thrillers.

Psycho for me.

Psycho

Psycho

Two classic thrillers but it’s difficult to defeat a masterpiece by Hitchcock!

while psycho is undoubtedly a masterpiece, it got ruined because everyone knows the shower scene. Se7en hasn't spoiled the same way as psycho so it gets the edge.

Se7en doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Psycho. Se7en is nothing but an average Crime thriller for 99% of the film. Psycho is original and like nothing else before it.