The Seventh Seal vs. The Godfather

1 comments

6 comments

The Seventh Seal has some extremely powerful scenes which are very disturbing in some cases. It is an honest picture too. Bergman obviously wanted to express himself through this film. I didn't enjoy The Godfather the first time I watched it. The second time, I thought it better. If either were on then I'd rather watch The Seventh Seal in all honesty.

The Godfather, no question.

Not close. Ingmar Bergman sleeps with the fishes on this one.

Godfather by far.

The Godfather takes this. A modern cult classic that transformed story telling.

the godfather is an incredible film, but i don't like it. i'll take det sjunde inseglet

Both of these movies are great. But yeah, I gotta go with The Godfather. I think it's a better written, better shot, better edited film with more memorable and complex characters, expertly implemented themes, and some of the most iconic moments to ever grace the screens. But, for me, the real game changer is the acting. Al Pacino, James Caan, John Cazale, Robert Duvall, Diane Keaton (and others), and Marlin fucking Brando all give fantastic performances, that outmatch most performances out there. To put it simply, while I don't think any film is truly perfect, The Godfather is about as close as you'll get to that

ear
ear

The Godfather is perfect.

I am sooooo not a Bergman guy. The Godfather obliterates....