The Alamo vs. The Alamo

1 comments

3 comments

John Wayne's Alamo is vastly superior.

John Wayne's Alamo is decisively better. MORE proof remakes are so very unnecessary.

The Alamo (2004) is more emotional than John Wayne's version and is my preferred version. Billy Bob Thornton, a Southern boy, better embodies the role of Davy Crockett than John Wayne did in my opinion (yes, I know John Wayne didn't want to play the character, but still). Billy Bob has even said it's his favorite role he has played and you can tell. The new film is less campy than the original and focuses on realism over trying to be grandiose, although, to be fair, I know John Wayne tried to be as historically accurate in his film as well. My pick goes to the 2004 film.

I'm with skydogg on this one. I grew up on the JW version but its horribly flawed, especially from a historical perspective. The 2004 film is not an all time great but it is a solid retelling of the battle.

Never forget.................. the original is vastly better. Better cast and more epic. Real action and real effects. Has way more heart and savvy.