The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe vs. Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

3 comments

1 comments

Two good children's books turned into two mediocre film adaptations. I remember next to nothing about Lemony Snicket. That said, what I recall of Chronicles is more negative than good. Lemony wins for just being blandly forgettable.

I thought that The Chronicles of Narnia was a satisfying interpretation and it's my choice, but I agree that the more it tried to be The Lord of the Rings the closer it got to mediocrity. Concerning Lemony Snicket, there is nothing particularly wrong about it however it lacked a certain spark that I cannot quite identify.

I thought that The Chronicles of Narnia was a satisfying interpretation and it's my choice, but I agree that the more it tried to be The Lord of the Rings the closer it got to mediocrity. Concerning Lemony Snicket, there is nothing particularly wrong about it however it lacked a certain spark that I cannot quite identify.

both are somewhat underrated, but lemony snicket is actually thoroughly enjoyable

Narnia is a magical masterpiece