Se7en vs. The Terminator

3 comments

5 comments

I don't get the undying love for Se7en. I mean the last half hour is pretty great but until then it's pretty boring. Terminator wins for being entertaining throughout its running time.

Thank you alpha! I've harbored the same sentiment of Se7en for a while now. From the moment Spacey turns himself in moving forward, it's worth all the praise everyone has given it down through the years. Problem is, the first half or so of the movie isn't much better than average. Terminator, on the other hand, is phenomenal from start to finish.

Terminator gets the win.

I like Se7en, but just Terminator is top 100 material.

'From the moment Spacey turns himself in moving forward, it's worth all the praise everyone has given it down through the years. Problem is, the first half or so of the movie isn't much better than average. Terminator, on the other hand, is phenomenal from start to finish.' I have to agree with Nononsense here...

But, come on, without Spacey, Se7en was just a bad film. Sure, was well-acted and well-directed, but i have to agree completely with alphahawk and Nononsense here!

The first Terminator is good without a doubt but not nearly as good as Se7en.

Terminator without a doubt. The story alone beats Seven. I love Seven but there is no other movie like Terminator.

Before Spacey turns himself in, Se7en has one of the greatest legit jump-scares in film history, one of the greatest foot-chases in film history, and one of the most suspenseful phone exchanges in film history. While all this is happening, you also get to drink in one of the most atmospheric cinematic worlds ever designed. That movie is dynamite from beginning to end.

Seven is very good has one of the best endings but Terminator is a top 10 or top 20 movie, a brilliantly crafted story told perfectly. It was groundbreaking.