X-Men: The Last Stand vs. Spider-Man 3

13 comments

17 comments

Mediocre comic book threequels. I'm picking Spider-Man, but just barely.

Easily Last Stand. Spider-Man 3 is so much worse.

They f@cked up Venom. This is even more inexcusable than killing Cyclops in the opening act.

I actually enjoyed Spidey 3. I can understand why some people didn't though.

The Last Stand wins here for not having Emo-Spidy

Both films get a bad rap from ignorant fanboys but Spider-Man 3, while overcrowded, delivered more often. Both movies were and still are better than 90% of summer movies released this century.

Are fanboys ignorant? This is indeed a profound question.

spider man 3. both good, but spider man is better than xmen

X-Men for sure. Spidey became silly in this movie.

Both have a resounding "meh" with me.

X-Men by a mile. And what exactly does that say about Spider Man 3?

Both films are mediocre, but I'd say Spider-Man 3 is the better out of the two. It still had some good moments and the only thing that the film really falters on is the symbiote/Venom storyline. The Sandman and Harry storylines were both decent enough. Let's put it this way: I believe that the franchise was still salvageable enough to continue on with a Spider-Man 4. I can't say the same with X-Men.

This match up hurts my soul. I loved both these movies for their own personal reasons. It annoyed me that they kill off cyclops in the beginning of the movie but then again it annoyed me more that Venom barely ever actually talked as Venom he spent most of the time talking with the Eddie Brock face. Also they never really have either character become an us instead of an I like they do in almost every other medium of spiderman. I'm going to pick Spider-man because it had more memorable scenes to it. Even the parts you hated you will always remember. Especially the fight between Peter and Harry. Also the X-men movie just completely cut off any chance of making another even with the name. They just wanted to be done with it so they didn't take the time to develop it well enough. The only choice it left them with was to go back to the origins

I like the X-Men franchise more but I think Spider-Man 3 was a better conclusion, so my vote goes to Spider-Man 3

I like the X-Men franchise more but I think Spider-Man 3 was a better conclusion, so my vote goes to Spider-Man 3

last stand I like spider man this is the only x men like more then a spiderman spider man is better then x men x2 is not better then spider man 2 but this is better then spider man 3

x men

Spidey 3 is pure campy brilliance. The Last Stand just plain sucked.

Spider-Man 3 is a quality sequel. Sure they jammed too much in there but it finished the trilogy well. X3 is a rush job that shouldn't have been rushed. I'm so glad the X-Men rebounded from X3. Too bad Spidey rebooted like crap.

at least spiderman 3 was funny bad.

I'll take Spidey, but they both suck.

Ehhh, The Last Stand has the better cast (Jackman and McKellan continue to deliver, Kelsey Grammer is excellent as Beast) and some moments that are actually quite excellent (the Bridge scene). All I remember about Spidey 3 is the disappointing Venom and the truly awful Emo Peter sequence.

BAttle of the worst movies in their respective trilogies. I'm going to pick X-Men because of of the two, I can stand sad Wolverine more than sad Peter Parker, who I had enough of by Spider-Man 2

OMG, the battle of the comic book movies begins

Spiderman 3 was hilarious. So bad that it was good. X-Men 3 on the other hand just killed and ruined several characters. I'll take dancing spidey and pie-eating James Franco.

X-men 3 wins barely it's not the best i enjoyed it, would have been nice to see Rogue in action but she didn't do anything again, nightcrawler where the hell was he at? he wasn't in X2 that much, and colossus barley on screen not kicking ass but at least he had more screen time in the last stand then he was in X2, Spiderman 3 not good Emo Spider man was the worst part they got Topher Grace casted as Venom why???, the Amazing Spider-man 2 did the same thing have 3 villains in the movie one gets the most screen time, and the rest over act then the fight ends and movie over.

Spider-Man 3 = Good ---- X3 = Bad

I don't hate these two to be honest. They are poorly written and poorly directed but at least we see the original cast back together! I prefer Spider-Man 3 because I've always had a thing about the original Spider-Man cast!

X3 by a hair i guess, they are both really bad

X3 could have been a lot better but it's still average, spiderman 3 is irredeemable trash

There is so much similarity with both X-Men and Spider-Man trilogy. The first one, while might not have aged well, is a classic in many people’s eyes. The second one is a definite improvement over the first. The third one is not only disappointing, it is really bad. I’m taking Last Stand but they are really bad

Spidey 3, don't even have to think about it

They're both so awful. I guess I'll take Spider-Man 3 because it ruined less characters.

Um...Spider-Man 3. X-Men: The Last Stand is one of the worst superhero films of all time