X-Men: The Last Stand vs. X2

1 comments

17 comments

No brainer.

Yeah, the cast in 'The Last Stand' was incredible but they were wasted on worse than lackluster directing.

JRM
JRM

X2 -- hands-down.

The drop in quality from X-Men United to The Last Stand was painful to endure. I can't believe how thoroughly they blew it.

The Last Stand is actually a movie that would have benefited from being longer. (Not often I can say that.) It's got such a massive cast that nobody but Wolverine (and maybe Beast) gets a proper amount of screen time. And I won't even get started on the apocalyptic slaughtering of major characters. The movie's got elements that I like, but man, X2 is totally in another league. I love X2.

Dont really get all the dissing of The Last Stand, but I'd still go with X2.

Let's see, which do I despise the least? I'd have to say X2.

I'm not an X-men fan but X2 was a great movie.

Last Stand was a huge disappointment.

X2 was great!

X2 all the way.

While I didn't care for the Jean sacrifice in X2 (it just didn't seem necessary given that she could have done that from the plane), X3 had far more noticeable problems and general laziness. X2 for the Win!

X-Men 3 has some good parts, but it fucks around with too many wonderful characters as if the director didn't even care at all. X2 is pretty much a perfect superhero movie. So, X2.

X2 is the best of them. X3 is the second worst. X2 is actually number 16 on my list.....wow

Im one of the few people who likes the Last Stand, but it is in no way better than X2

I pretty much agree with everyone else that X2 was better.

I’m glad we can all agree on that

X 3 is fun x2 way better both movies are tie for m3

X2 is actually such a good sequel so getting The Last Stand afterwards was just extremely disappointing

I'm going with X2 but Last Stand really isn't all that bad. It sucks that Cyclops got killed off in the opening as punishment for James Marsden jumping ship to Superman Returns but other than that the only thing it really suffers from is being the third movie in a trilogy. It seems that the third installments in trilogies are just cursed to be mediocre or get the least love for some reason (Return of the Jedi, Spiderman 3, The Dark Knight Rises etc.)

it's really incredible that I'm really the first one who liked x-men the last stand much more because this left a lot of things for me and then it was very nice the final clash between x-men against the army of Magneto