GoodFellas vs. Raging Bull

19 comments

10 comments

Two amazing Deniro movies, ten years apart. Ten years later, he did 'Meet the Parents.' What the hell happened?

Amen brother

Goodfellas on this one. Scorsese's masterpiece.

This is a matchup ive been waiting for. Raging Bull is what I reckon is Scorsese's true masterpiece. This is a very close and hard choice for me. But you cant beat the grand scale of Raging Bull.

AAARRGGGG!

Raging Bull and GoodFellas are two of Scorsese's best films if not the best. If one is to be crowned his ultimate masterpiece, it must go to Raging Bull. GoodFellas may have more entertainment value, but Raging Bull examines the deepest and darkest dimensions of the human soul. The first time I saw it, there was a turning point in the movie when I stopped seeing Jake as an animal and started seeing him in myself. It was chilling and profound. GoodFellas hooks us from the beginning because everyone on some level can relate to Henry Hill. That it is a more accessible entertainment is not a discredit to its greatness. Like I said, it is the most "entertaining" of the two films. What a close race!

Goodfellas here.

i need to watch raging bull again, for now goodfellas

Both fantastic Scorsese films, but GoodFellas wins by a little. It just has more rewatch value then Raging Bull, but I love Robert De Niro, he is greater in Raging Bull then he is in GoodFellas. One of the greatest actors ever

GoodFellas

Most would say Goodfellas but for me, Raging Bull just was more entertaining from start finish. That isn't saying Goodfellas isn't good. I loved it, but there were some scenes towards the end that slowed it down for me but Raging Bull was a rollercoaster ride of the best film could get!

This decision is madness. Two Scorsese masterpieces that are somewhat alike. Raging Bull may have slightly better acting but GoodFellas is endlessly rewatchable and masterfully crafted in every way. Giving it to GoodFellas by the slightest of margins.

Raging Bull; I just found it more entertaining than Goodfellas which I still really enjoyed

My two favorite Scorsese film. Goodfellas it is.

Raging Bull. I really liked GoodFellas, but I don't think it's as good as Raging Bull or Taxi Driver.

Goodfellas, easily for me.

Raging Bull, so easy.

Goodfellas is my favorite Scorsese/De Niro collaboration.

Scorsese's two best film, and two of the 4 greatest films ever made, but, nothing beats GoodFellas, not even Raging Bull...

raging bull, not so hard

Goodfellas is a great film but Raging Bull is a much much much superior film.

GoodFellas .While I really, really liked Raging Bull, I didn't like it as much as everyone else. GoodFellas on the other hand is just totally amazing and awesome and great. I believe that GoodFellas is Scorsese's best film he's ever done.

Yep, Raging Bull

GoodFellas man.

Raing Bull.

Goodfellas is the better film, Raging Bull wasn't competitive boring operation film.

ear
ear

Goodfellas is too good to lose this match.

Raging Bull is one of my favourite movies. Such a compelling character study. I recognise Goodfellas as a great movie but I don’t necessarily love it!

Best of the 80's vs best of the 90's. Goin' bull.

I loved both of these movies both are Scorsese at his best. But I'm going with GoodFellas because it was charming, witty, it had class, it had style, it was well editing, it was well acted, it was well written and paced, it was well shot, it's an absolute masterpiece.

Best Story: GoodFellas Best Supporting Cast: GoodFellas Best Main Character: Raging Bull Best Visual Style: Raging Bull Best Atmosphere: GoodFellas