GoodFellas vs. The Usual Suspects

10 comments

4 comments

This is a difficult decision for me, but I'm going with The Usual Suspects.

Probably one of the hardest discisions of my life.

Hate to revive this because I feel like the mobster crowd will flood this poll in favor of Goodfellas. I love Goodfellas and it is a quality film. It's probably my favorite mafia movie. I even enjoy it better than Godfather. Of course Godfather is a better film, but Goodfellas was simply more enjoyable. But in this particular matchup, Suspects wins for me. I'm just a sucker for mystery and suspense.

Let the flooding begin!

Let the flooding continue!

*Piccolo comes out of nowhere and tries to stop the flooding*

*Piccolo is overwhelmed by the continuous surge of water, as he drowns... *

Two amazing films. Both in my top 100. Both with classic last lines. Both worthy of winning this head-to-head battle. I have Goodfellas winning.

Besides Kevin Spacey's performance, the mystery and the twist, I don't get the mass praise for The Usual Suspects. You may argue that GoodFellas is kind of overrated as well, but a Scorsese gangster film beats Suspects by a long distance.

They're Both Very good films. I 'm going to Say GoodFellas.

Suspects is fantastic but GoodFellas is in my Top 20.

Goodfellas.It is the far better movie and as good as Kevin Spacey was Joe pesci was better than him.

I like this matchup. Both are top 50 for me. I think for the better plot I'll take Usual Suspects.

Close, but it goes to the Suspects

goodfellas is a masterpiece the usual suspects was great but not as much at level of goodfellas

Goodfellas is a great film but I do find it kinda overrated. Whatever, it's still a Scorsese crime thriller so that beats 80% of movies out there, including the gimmicky and uneven Usual Suspects!