GoodFellas vs. Apocalypse Now

12 comments

6 comments

Wow, this is a painful choice. In the end, I have to reward Apocalypse for its ambition, even if GoodFellas has fewer failures.

Apocalypse Now.... GoodFellas... um.. This is difficult. I mean, I think Apocalypse Now is more affecting and mesmerizing, but GoodFellas has more rewatch value imo so I'm sticking with it for now. This is subject to change.

GoodFellas!

Damn for the movie in general apocalypse now but the ending is so horrible that i have to give ti to Goodfellas

Gangsta, Gangsta...

I have never ratted on my friends and I have always kept my mouth shut. Thanks, GoodFellas.

Apocalypse Now is the much better film.

Funny how?

Both masterpieces, but Scorsese's masterpiece wins this one.

Goodfellas

Tough choice...i guess goodfellas wins this but only by millimetres

GoodFellas is better even than Godfather IMO.

Goodfellas for sure baby

Goodfellas really good movie!

ear
ear

Goodfellas wins this because Apocalypse Now lets Marlon Brando go a little over the top. I know that was kind of the point of his character but I still found his performance annoying.

Goodfellas so amazing! and rewatchable... A simple masterpiece

Martin Scorsese is the master of framing, and what he leaves out of the frame is just as important to the story as what he leaves within. In addition, the fluent editing he employs in his works is the film equivalent of energetic, razor-sharp prose, alive with vivid images and sensations. GoodFellas is as well-directed a classic as any.

Apocalypse now is probably the better movie but If I had to watch one fo these right now, it would be goodfellas