Lord of the Flies vs. Lord of the Flies

2 comments

1 comments

Hmm...This is a tough one for me. Despite the hate for the 90's version, I think they did a good job adapting it for an American audience; whereas the 60s version was more faithful to the material. That being said, both films leave a lot to be desired (talking pig head, please.) I'm going to go with the 90's version, since it was the one I saw first, not because it's better...

I didn't like either version. I found them disturbing(just like the book). But if I remember correctly the one made in '63 was closer to the book than the one made in '90 so I will pick it for that sole reason.

I prefer the remake, the original is too creepy and too horrifying.

An amazing story that is a perfect look at why experience and maturity cannot be mimicked and why no matter the age, violence leads to more violence, which destroys innocence and cripples hope. Neither of these films are spectacular, but both sever the purpose of the book which is to be a raw unforgiving look at what could happen when boys try to survive without guidance. The original is a much better film.

Yeah, the remake pretty much sucks. I didn't love the original, but it's easily the superior film.