The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring vs. Star Trek

14 comments

2 comments

Maybe it's just because the emotional response to Star Trek is still fresh and LOTR's has waned from repeated viewings but I'm going to give it to Star Trek.

Star Trek was a good reboot, but there is no comparison here. (And I'm a die-hard Trekkie.)

Fellowship is just perfect. I would probably pick Trek over the other two rings films.

If this was THE RETURN OF THE KING, no contest. But this makes it harder. So I guess it's STAR TREK (and I LOVE all three LOTR's).

JRM
JRM

Fellowship, while I do love it, is my least favorite of the trilogy, so it's Star Trek for me.

It really is interesting to me how people's opinions of the three LOTR films differ so radically. For me, I love the dynamic of having the whole Fellowship working together in the first chapter, and while I love all three films (especially when viewed as one), The Two Towers suffers simply from being the middle chapter (and having Frodo and Sam's wanderings being a bit aimless for most of the movie), and The Return of the King really does have too many endings for one movie (but not necessarily for the whole 12-hour opus). Meanwhile, this has very little to do with Fellowship vs. Star Trek....

I totally agree with johnmason here, Fellowship is helped by the dynamics of the group, and I love the scenes that are at the Shire as well. The entire group together is what makes this the best of the LOTR films. Star Trek is amazing also, but I have to go with Fellowship by a hair.

Ah, it's nice to be agreed with from time to time. :-)

ear
ear

Fellowship was the best LOTR and better than the Star Trek reboot.

LOTR all the way.

I do love them both but I love LOTR a lot more.

Fellowship takes the win hands down.

Not a fan of the LOTR Films. I am not a huge fan of Star Trek 2009 either though. That makes it difficult lol. I guess I'll give it to LOTR.

LOTR is way too good and I love the last Trek film :D Fellowship is my favorite film and Trek 2009 is in my top 20

Love both. Fellowship wins.

Still gotta give the edge to Fellowship....

Yep, Lord of the Rings wins this hands down. Still really like Star Trek though.

Star Trek is more exciting than Lord of the Rings. What does that tell you?

LotR by tally miles...

Definitely Lord of the Rings is superior to anything Star Trek.