Glass vs. The Mule

0 comments

2 comments

I do respect Glass. It comes from a place and a vision, unlike many movies nowadays. And it’s an interesting idea putting characters from 2 different films together. But, as a film, it’s pretty average. The first 20 mins are great then we get to a psyche ward and we’re treated to an hour of tedious expostional dialogue where we’re being convinced that David and Kevin aren’t superhuman...? Wasn’t Unbreakable about convincing David he was a superhuman and Split was a supervillains origin story? The entire second act is a huge waste of time, it expands something that could’ve worked in 10 mins and goes on forever. I’m fine with slow pacing but this is just an uneventful slog. The third act isn’t too bad but M. Night demonstrates that he’s clueless when it comes to filming action and the twist is flat out lame and rushed. Oh, and Casey shows up and not only is completely pointless but her motivations make no sense. Anyway, let’s my quick review of Glass. On the other hand, I really liked The Mule. The story is very compelling about a older man who gets himself in too deep to the drug cartel, the acting is superb and it has enough grounded humour and heart to give it life. It has moments that don’t work but I really like it overall. Clint Eastwood is a personal idol of mine and is still incredible at 88. I also wish more people knew Bradley Cooper for being a serious actor rather than a drunken moron or a raccoon.

The Mule is the far better experience. Glass is made worse by the fact that the first act is so damn good. That AWFUL ending just ruins everything. I mean EVERYTHING.