Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice vs. The Dark Knight Rises

3 comments

10 comments

Even though I'm already loving Affleck's Batman, I do kind of miss Bale. But anyways, while I enjoyed BvS quite a bit, I still prefer TDKR, and I am already missing the Bale Batman days.

The Dark Knight Rises, since it actually was coherent.

Nolan has to be laughing his ass off. BvS is so bad that it elevates TDKR by comparison. Suddenly a let down becomes the good old days!

Rac
Rac

TDKR is very much flawed, has stupid things in it, but it wasn't such a big mess like BvS, and it is at least a 2.5/5 movie whereas BvS is a straight 1/5.

Everyone bagged the shit out of TDKR, but it's sooooo much better than BvS. So, so much better.

It's gotta be TDKR...

Proof that no amount of shoehorned characters and crossover "appeal" can top a good story with good characters, logical actions, and strong, WELL EARNED drama.

Batman V. Superman is a big dumb fun time. The Dark Knight Rises is a great film.

Rises isn't very good. It still wins this but Rises asks me to suspend my disbelief far too often. If you are going to have dumb shit happen, don't take yourself that seriously.

Shit, I guess I'll go ahead and be "that guy". It's quite simple. BvS felt more like an actual Batman movie to me than Rises did.

Woof. Nolan soiled the sheets himself with TDKR. Even he couldn't milk three good films from this material. So, you can legitimately argue these DC movies turned to crap on his watch. Yet, nothing is as bad as BvS.

at least compare a good film to great dark knight rises

Dark Knight Rises

BvS as now.

TDKR stomps, switching to it definitely.

TDKR shitstomps, i like BVS overall but it's still pretty mixed for me

The Dark Knight Rises by a mile and a few yards. Not that BVS was bad, Rises was just an all around way better film...I found myself far more entertained while watching TDKR