Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice vs. Man of Steel

12 comments

7 comments

on 3/23/2016

BOTH are awful. How do you add Batman to a franchise and mange to make a worse overall film? That should be impossible when you think about it. I can't remember when I was this bummed walking out of a screening that I was happy to get to go to as I was with BvS.

on 3/24/2016

So much to hate about two really bad efforts. What the hell is the WB thinking?

on 3/24/2016

I actually liked Man of Steel. So it wins easily here, because Batman v Superman was a disaster.

on 3/26/2016

I hated BvS, but Imo MoS was even worse.

on 3/26/2016

I always liked MoS, but it was never anything special. So I found BvS to be a massive step up from MoS.

on 3/27/2016

MoS was awful but still somehow not as bad as BvS. The writing axctually got worse the more stuff they tried to jam in to set up other spin-offs.

on 3/27/2016

BvS might do a better job of holding its audience attention (and Batman and Wonder Woman are certainly cool), but Man of Steel somehow comes out on top sill. At least we only have to deal with one muddled character in MoS.

on 3/27/2016

I don't know...I really don't know. Man of Steel was more consistently bad, while BvS at least had some solid Batman moments while at the same time also some mindnumbingly awful moments. The characters also felt more like actual people in BvS, but they also made far dumber decisions than the characters in Man of Steel. BvS is a far more uneven movie, the good is better while the bad is worse. They're both really terrible, dull and messy as hell, but I guess BvS was the bigger overall mess. But it did have Batman. Gaaah, how the fuck am I supposed to choose.

on 3/28/2016

I know I'm in the minority, but I actually like both of these. Do they have problems? Of course, but I don't think they're anywhere as bad as some people say. I'll go with Dawn of Justice on account of Batman.

on 3/28/2016

I'm with JC13...I enjoyed both flicks. I'll just give a small edge to MoS...

Rac
Rac

on 3/28/2016

Man of Steel made at least somewhat sense.

on 3/29/2016

BvS isn't a story. It's a series of events that TRY TO establish the DCU but FAILS.

on 3/30/2016

Both are right next to each other in my list outside top 150.Both are meh.BvS didn't make an ounce of sense to me.BvS is pretty much MoS in blotting the whole story with biblical themes.Saying this it was still a one time watch a bit enjoyable flickchart.It has the edge now.PS Won't be watching either in any time soon though.

on 3/30/2016

I like both, but Bat Soup gets the edge because of THE GODDAMN BATMAN!!!!!

on 4/20/2016

MoS was somehow LESS convoluted, so I'll go with that... damn, I'm not sure... no, I'll go with that. Man of Steel.

on 7/11/2016

Batman V Superman for not giving me a headache. For the non-Lex Luthor scenes at least.

on 7/22/2016

MoS may be the better movie, but GOD it was boring. At least BvS was marginally entertaining, at least in a so-bad-it's-good way (thanks Jesse Eisenberg for your excessive weirdness), and we got Batfleck out of it, so......

on 8/21/2016

'Batfleck'. Love it. Love him.

on 8/22/2016

Yes, I hated MOS but BvS was even worse. Can anyone save a future Superman film?

on 5/24/2017

BVS

on 3/16/2018

Man of Steel by a landslide. Man of Steel was an excellent film, mostly because of Christopher Nolan as the producer. Batman v. Superman, however, was a massive disappoint. Not a terrible film but a subpar one for sure. Unlike Batman v Superman, Man of Steel had a excellent story, relatable protagonist, fantastic action scenes, great character development and loaded with emotion. Batman v Superman had an incoherent story, unclear protagonist, unclear character development, and not as much emotion.

on 3/16/2018

Man of Steel by a landslide. Man of Steel was an excellent film, mostly because of Christopher Nolan as the producer. Batman v. Superman, however, was a massive disappoint. Not a terrible film but a subpar one for sure. Unlike Batman v Superman, Man of Steel had a excellent story, relatable protagonist, fantastic action scenes, great character development and loaded with emotion. Batman v Superman had an incoherent story, unclear protagonist, unclear character development, and not as much emotion.

ear
ear

on 3/16/2018

Prefer BVS over MOS.

on 3/16/2018

Gee, the DC universe is a special kind of awful isn't it? Well, BvS has a great portrayal of Batman so it gets my vote!