The Good, the Bad and the Ugly vs. Some Like It Hot

5 comments

1 comments

Whoa, how do I even begin to tackle this one? Are there two more different films? Marilyn Monroe's wooden performance gives GBU the edge.

Again it comes down to last licks. The final moment of "Some Like It Hot" might be the greatest of them all.

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly takes it for me, but that's because I have a bit of an obsessive love of the Spaghetti Western. I think the other Man With No Name films are also ridiculously high up on my Flickchart as well. And while this matchup isn't as difficult for me, it definitely made me re-think where I have Some Like It Hot on my chart. Had to bump that one up a bit as I REALLY liked it when I saw it and I agree with jimmyrabbitte - that ending was quite wonderful.

This is such a tough choice!The Good,the Bad and the Ugly barely gets by just because I've never been THAT sucked into a movie.

Clint makes this one an easy choice...

I really enjoyed Some Like it Hot and the acting, script and cinematography were so impressive. Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon delivered two really fantastic performances and how Curits pulled of a character with an almost triple personality was something. Although I did really like the film overall, for some reason it lost a little bit of charm for me after the second half and I couldn't say why as the film as a whole was so clever and excellent. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly on the other hand had me in awe for the whole time and the third act completely blew me away, so it is easily the winner in my book.