Taxi Driver vs. The Silence of the Lambs

12 comments

6 comments

Its hard to compare against the Taxi Driver. Robert De Niro is so strong in his performance and possibly even better than Hopkins in Silence. The film is also better entertainment and more re watchable. I would choose Martin Scorsese over Jonathan Demme any day.

I totally agree. Taxi Driver is a much better films overall which you can have more fun with, plus it features better performances and even a better director. Silence of the Lambs is still good, but when you compare it against Taxi Driver it will lose miserably. Hopkins keeps the entire story together the whole time, but everything about The Driver is too good. Especially Robert De Niro who immerses himself so well. Its a shame that Taxi Driver didn't win Best Picture like Silence of the Lambs did.

Theres no way Silence is on the same level as Taxi Driver. Robert De Niro is ten times better than Anthony Hopkins in my POV. Not to take any disrespect away from Anthony Hopkins, because he displayed one of the best, if not THE best horror portrayal of all time. Taxi Driver is more thought provoking and entertaining in the story though. The climax is amazing, and so simple (so is SIlence's but Driver was better). Jodie Foster is good in both of these films, I must say she was better in Silence of the Lambs though, the film that she won the Oscar for. But even thats not enough to beat Taxi Driver. Martin Scorsese and Robert De Niro have to be the best cinema pairing of all time.

Probably the one that's worth a damn.

Taxi Driver is almost unbeatable in my book.

Taxi Driver is simply one of the greatest films ever made, it's not even fair to compare the two in my oppinion since they're on such different levels when it comes to storytelling, scinematography as well as acting.

I respect everyone's choice of Taxi Driver, but I have to side with Silence of the Lambs here.

I'm with nononsense on this one. The Lambs win. De Niro and Hopkins give two of the greatest performances of all time.

Taxi Driver. Period

It's been a while since I've seen either, especially Silence, but I think Taxi Driver wins.

Is it me or is the scene in Taxi Driver where Sport hugs Iris really quite creepy?

lud
lud

Jodie Foster young vs or Jodie Foster older? Well I like more younger girls. hahah

I love Taxi Driver but not as much as Silence

Taxi driver.As good as Anthony Hopkins was in silence of the lambs(And he really was great probably giving one of the top 10 greatest performance ever) Robert De Niro ecllipses it.(Robert De Niro's Travis Bickle performance is in my opinion the greatest movie performance ever).Oh Jodie Foster is great and exceptional in both.

Taxi driver.As good as Anthony Hopkins was in silence of the lambs(And he really was great probably giving one of the top 10 greatest performance ever) Robert De Niro ecllipses it.(Robert De Niro's Travis Bickle performance is in my opinion the greatest movie performance ever).Oh Jodie Foster is great and exceptional in both.

Thing about Lambs is it's a really good crime thriller but I would never say it achieved the greatness that Taxi Driver did.

These mixed posters with Travis, Hannibal, and Clarice heads are nice, haha.

Silence just crushes Taxi Driver. What gives here?

Silence of the lambs, but only just