Pretty Woman vs. Erin Brockovich

3 comments

0 comments

Way to show Julia Roberts diverse acting ability... Gotta be the classic Pretty Woman though.

What do we have here? A woman of ill repute swept out of her whorin' ways by a rich guy vs. a woman uses a guy to babysit her litter of kids while she goes off to save the world (and make a heap of dough). I guess Erin Brockovich has a more positive message. I'm pretty sure Julia Roberts was hotter in that movie, too. I almost want to go back and watch Pretty Woman just to see if there were any redeeming qualities to the movie. It is pretty much just a hooker fairy tale, right?

ear
ear

Leave it to me to prefer the romantic fluff piece even though it is unbelievable. It was like a prostitutes fairy tale.

In many was Pretty Woman is a pretty basic romantic comedy (not my favorite genre), but I was a 9 year old boy when it came out so the fact that my mother let me watch a story about a hooker made me feel kinda grownup. Erin Brockavitch is a middle of the road Based on a True Story movie, hardly memorable. Since Pretty Woman basically set the standard for romantic comedies for me and Erin Brockavitch is pretty average...Woman gets the nod.