The Dark Knight vs. Saving Private Ryan

15 comments

16 comments

Man this one is HARD! Both great movies, prob both in my top 15. SPR is so real and gruesome, and DK taps into human emotions, or lack thereof. ughghg IDK. SPR just seems to capture what warfare would have been in that time. But the Joker is a bad ass, unsympathetic psycho. Sorry Heath...

I'm not sure I'd call 'Saving Private Ryan' a realistic war film (save for perhaps, the opening D-Day scene) But I do agree it is better than 'The Dark Knight' which is a great film but a tad overrated. My favorite Nolan film is still 'The Prestige'.

JRM
JRM

I loved both, but somehow Saving Private Ryan didn't stick with me in such a powerful way as The Dark Knight.

I love Batman but Saving Private Ryan is just too good.

Saving Private Ryan, greatest WWII movies of all time.

I gotta go with Dark Knight.

I love both, however when I look at the dark knight I consider it a perfect film. Flawless in execution while saving private Ryan is fantastic some of the pacing could be slightly tightened. But I won't lie this one took me a long time to choose

ryan -Yeah Man (Usher Voice)-

Both are vastly entertaining. Both are very brutal films. But I choose The Dark Knight. It had the better story, the better plot, the better acting and dare I say it, the better action. Ledger and Aaron E. completely immersed themselves in their respective roles and Nolan is one of the best storytellers of his generation. TDK was an absolutely fabulous experience. It's more hard-hitting than Private Ryan. SPR seemed too long but it's still great as a technical achievement.

Saving Private Ryan. The performances and sentimentality are cooked just right, with great action and effects. The Dark Knight is too, but I prefer SPR.

saving private ryan

SPR....too much and too good for TDK.

The Dark Knight. While Spielberg's direction alone makes SPR an unforgettable experience, TDK gives us a more complex story as well as fabulous direction. Though that's not to insult SPR's script

Saving Private Ryan is the best war film ever made. The Dark Knight is Christopher Nolan's masterpiece. Gotta go with my gut and say Saving Private Ryan. BTW, Matt Damon is amazing in that movie.

Saving Private Ryan is million times better, The Dark Knight is very booring and too overrated.

The performance of the Joker in the Dark Knight alone puts it over Saving Private Ryan

and just had the same dilemma a few seconds ago!! AAAAARGGHHH!! SPR, because it made me cry in the end. (this is only for a short time, maybe i'll change my mind)

Saving Private Ryan almost no hesitation

Saving Private Ryan is a trillion times better than TDK

SPR is defienlty better instead, TDK is overrated.

Saving Private Ryan is a powerful film but The Dark Knight wins.

Saving private ryan for me.Not even close

Christopher Nolan reaches a level here that Spielberg has yet to match

Saving Private Ryan is a better film.

I'm going with Saving Private Ryan

Because it is so realistic

The Dark Knight is also better, but overrated in my opinion

I love Private too but The Dark Knight is better

Stop spamming thecrackers

The Dark Knight is amazing and is in my top 10 favorite films of all time because of the action sequences, the sound design, the visual style, the cinematography and Ledger's performance but Saving Private Ryan is in my top 2 favorite films of all time because it has the best cinematography, editing, battle sequences, pacing and sound design I've ever seen in a film. So no surprise Saving Private Ryan is the winner.

Saving Private Ryan wins.

TDK is the better movie but the d day landing is better than any scene in TDK

Dark KNIGHT is the best movie of 2000s but SPR is the best WW2 movie. While the characters in SPR are STALE - the opening and closing scene are amazing. SPR simply has FAR more importance.