The Dark Knight vs. The Silence of the Lambs

21 comments

5 comments

Two of the most memorable villains in the modern era. Edge goes to Silence.

The Joker tips the scales here.

Silence of the Lambs wins, no doubt

I love TDK, but this isn't even close.

The Dark Knight.

This is a no contest.TDK tears apart Silence.

Yeah, it had to happen. Damn it. Well TSOTL was wonderful in every way, and every aspect of it was perfectly acted, photographed, directed, whereas TDK was quite sloppy in places, especially the action sequences, although the sound was masterfully organised, and it had some great actors too. On the other hand, Sir Anthony Hopkins was by then a very experienced actor working with material that was given to him, whereas Heath Ledger was just 27 - Hopkins didn't even start his movie career until he was 30, opposite Katharine Hepburn too - and while the Joker was by then a very old character, Ledger built him himself. He took the pale skin, green hair, smile, joker motifs and added the psychology, the make-up, the scars, the body language and movement, and that amazing voice and literally disappeared inside the character. He was an artist in a very holistic way, and with all my admiration for Hopkins, even he can't hold a candle to that. Michael Caine himself said that Ledger's Joker was the scariest thing he had ever seen. But, that only says something about Nolan's casting skills, not about his directorial skills. He can't take the credit for Ledger's genius. Nevertheless, TDK is the better film, even if mainly for that one performance.

Not that TDK isn't good... or great even, but it's overrated. No way is it better than Silence of the Lambs.

Three of the greatest villains of all time are contained in these two films. How Ted Levine wasn't nominated for Best Supporting Actor is beyond me, he gives one of the greatest performances of all time in my opinion. Hopkins and Ledger also give two of the all time great performances. At the end of the day I have to give the win to the film that not only has great villains, but also has the Batman.

TDK

Dark Knight for me.

I'll go for TDK as it's awesome, more so than Silence Of The Lambs.

I don't think I can decide. there fore I will Not choose.

TDK is so overrated

The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight for sure. I thought Silence was decent but overrated at the same time.

As much as I love Silence, it can't touch The Dark Knight.

Yeah I Like them both for sure. Batman wins.

"Woops"

Easy with the clicking

Easy with the clicking man and the silence of the lambs for me too

When i'm posted that comment, i usually using a mouse. I'm hate mouses, lol.

Rewatchability gives the dark knight the edge

Both are overrated, but Silence was good at least.

2 great villains>1 great villain

The dark knight No second thoughts

TDK.

Silence of the Lambs. More intelligent use of lighting and cinematography, the script was better, and it just all-around had a better story for me.

The Dark Knight, Manhunter would've been closer but it would still lose

SOTL wins here. Good matchup though.

Silence of the Lambs is a 90s classic thriller. Dark Knight is by far the greatest Comic book movie of al time and maybe even the best action movie of all time. Dark KNIGHT is too powerful