The Dark Knight vs. Star Trek

13 comments

4 comments

WOW!!! tough one and no comments yet, really? Great great movies which to pick...

JRM
JRM

Dark Knight for sure. Star Trek was pretty dang sweet, though.

Both were great fun, but perhaps more flawed than their fan bases wish to admit. Heath Ledger's Joker was brilliant, and I think Aaron Eckhart is unfairly overlooked. On the other hand, the cast in "Star Trek" had a harder chore: they had to replace icons. "Star Trek" gets the nod.

2 great films. The more popular choice ( and probaly the safest) would be to choose TDK. I wouldn't argue with that pick, but im going to say Star Trek at this point in time. While i do love TDK, the more chances that i get to watch it a few things stick out. I find that outside of Ledgers amazing job and Eckharts equally exceptional job theres nothing more to the film that blows me away...Im not saying its overrated, im just saying theres nothing more to the film outside of 2 actors. The rewatch value is higher for Star Trek in my opinion.

Aw, they're both great. (I'm eternally grateful to J.J. Abrams and Christopher Nolan for resurrecting my franchises.) But Star Trek is not going to replace TDK on my list any time soon.

Outstanding movies. Very similar actually, but Star Trek gets my vote.

I was never a fan of Star Trek but after watching this remake, I really enjoyed it. But it truly cannot stand up against TDK.

I am a Star Trek fan. Not cause of anything from the series or movies, but simply because it's the ultimate travel across space (even better then star wars when t comes to that). It's one of the ideas. And it makes you dream about all the wonders we never going to enjoy. But for this movie alone, it's just a movie (maybe more enjoyable if you have seen the first star trek series and movies). It still win over Dark Knight though...

This one breaks my heart,but even Trek can't beat the Dark Knight. It's just too good.

The Dark Kinight hands down for me.

Dark Knight had a tighter plot. Star Trek had too many inconsistent and just flat out stupid moments, like Kirk getting promoted from cadet to Captain and the red matter's abilities not staying consistent with the amount necessary to create a black hole (one drop produces the same effect as 50 gallons?). Dark Knight for the Win!

Super tough one for me...I'll go with the Trek remake...but just barely.

Star Trek holds a place in my heart that Batman does not. Dark Knight is brilliant, but I'm a sucker for Trek movies.

I'm, beginning to think that this Square dude refuses to leave comments unless he is allowed to suck off Nolan, ass-lick DC or shit on Marvel.

Fuck. Errant comma.

I enjoyed Star Trek, but The Dark Knight is something else.

Super tough, the only thing to separate the two IMO is the villain...The Joker wins and thus, TDK wins...Hopefully Cumberbatch makes for an awesome villain!!!

Star Trek is amazing, but not amazing enough to beat The Dark Knight.

The Dark Knight although, Star Trek is definitely J.J. Abrahm's best film.

Star Trek never been that interesting effort but the dark knight is a masterpiece.