Batman Begins vs. Hot Rod

3 comments

2 comments

I rewatched both of these recently, and Hot Rod is about as funny as it was last time. Batman Begins was slightly more entertaining. I'm a sucker for movies that deal with standing up and doing the right thing when everyone else is looking out for their own ass. Both of a Nolan's Batman flicks are about that, and so I guess that's their appeal for me. Actually, Hot Rod is about standing up and doing the right thing, too. Well, it's about raising money to get his stepfather an heart transplant so he can kick his ass. Both of these movies make me feel a little better about humanity. I'll probably watch Hot Rod more often, though. (I felt that Scarecrow was underused in Batman Begins. I was really annoyed with how insignificant he was in The Dark Knight. Oh, and the whole plot in Batman Begins about destroying Gotham seemed kind of silly to me. Still, it's not so bad.)

Hot Rod is a painfully bad film. Batman Begins is an exceptionally high quality film that the vast majority of filmgoers love. Batman Begins for the easy win!

Hot Rod had a few good laughs, but it is not especially memorable. Batman Begins wins this one pretty easily.

I'm not so sure that Batman Begins is a flick "that the vast majority of filmgoers love". That may apply to a particular demographic, but there are a lot of different types of movie watchers. Believe it or not, some don't care for comic book movies at all.

Regardless, it's still a better quality film than Ricky Bobby lite.