Monsters, Inc. vs. A Bug's Life

7 comments

6 comments

JRM
JRM

I really have to rewatch all of Pixar's films -- most all clustered near each other in my top 100. I'm giving this one to Monsters.

I'm not really in love with either of these, to be honest. Going with "A Bug's Life" because I don't find it as overrated.

This isn't a particularly hard comparision for me. I love them both but I love Monster's Inc better.

I'm going to go with a Bug's Life, even though both are fantastic!

"Monsters, Inc." all the way, though "A Bug's Life" certainly doesn't deserve all the trash people heap on it.

Although I watched Monsters Inc. a hell of a lot more as a kid than A Bug's Life, I think I'm going with A Bug's Life. They're both great, but both aren't nearly close being my favorite Pixar movie.

^I forgot to say that it's a close one. But that little kid just ruined some of my enjoyment of Monsters Inc.

Monsters Inc. may be the best Pixar film made to date, certainly my favourite.

Two childhood favorites from Pixar that I still love today, gotta go with the Monsters on this one.

Monsters inc.

Neither of these films are, in my opinion, PIXARs 'masterpieces' but both were good in their time. Monsters Inc. is better mainly due to the emotional ending

Bugs Life by a hair.

Bug's Life for me.

I watch A bugs Life more and went to the Hollywood Premiere as a kid but MonstersInc is the better film in terms of original story and the animation is beautiful!

Closing out the year with a Pixar re-watch, and my Pixar chart is beginning to get shaken up a bit. After re-watching A Bug's Life yesterday, it catapulted both Monsters, Inc. and Toy Story 3. I expected Monsters, Inc. to see a similar rise, only it barely went anywhere, going up only 4 spots. I used to pin my not liking MI as much as everyone else on me not finding it as funny as Pixar's other offerings. This is still somewhat true, but I think it has more to do with Waternoose (much like Dean Hardscrabble in MU) not really working for me as a character. When MI is focused on the interplay between Mike and Sully and Randall, it's great. Yet once Waternoose's character became involved, I started to lose interest. In addition to these two factors, MI doesn't have as much of an emotional impact upon me as it does most other people. With all this in mind, I have no choice but to have a change of heart on this match-up. What once was a win for MI is now a win for A Bug's Life.

Monsters Inc

hum both good movies. both have good action in it but monster inc is better