Monsters, Inc. vs. Brave

8 comments

5 comments

Right now, Brave. In a few weeks, maybe not.

Monsters Inc.

I always thought that Monsters, Inc. was one of Pixar's weaker films. I thought it was good, but it told jokes at the wrong moments. Brave is also a lesser Pixar film, but I still think that it is a bit better than Monsters, Inc.

Both of these are thought to be lesser Pixar films, but these are some of my favorite Pixar films. Monsters Inc. is an absolute riot and has loads of heart (one of only a handful of movies that makes me cry or tear up every time I watch it). Brave manages to bring a charming and moving mother-daughter tale to great heights, and is truly underrated. Brave is my pick here, but I highly recommend both.

Monsters Inc. is golden age PIXAR, and honestly my favorite of theirs (although The Incredibles and the three Toy Story films are right up there). Brave continues the funk that started with Cars 2. Both of these last two films felt overwhelmingly commercialized, as if PIXAR's now more concerned about the toys they sell than the art they make, and neither breaks new ground. Monsters Inc., easily.

After an additional viewing of Brave and Monsters Inc., I've actually decided that I like Monsters Inc. a bit more.

Monsters Inc truly is the Golden Age of Pixar movies (Toy Story trilogy, FInding Nemo, Incredibles, WALL-E, Up, Ratatouille) whereas Brave is truly such a disappointing movie that had so much more potential than it delivered. Besides, MI can be a bit better than it is like having stronger supporting characters but not anywhere near as flawed and disappointng as Brave

Love both, the Monsters win.

Monsters inc! Put that thing back where it came from or so help me....

MI easy

Monsters, Inc. will never click for me in the same sense as it does for others; I love it, and the ending is the perfect capper, but like Bram thought there was something otherwise off about it. With Brave, I have no such reservations. I'm on the record as saying I personally believe it is to mother-daughter relationships what Finding Nemo is to father-son relationships. Brave it is.

Both are top notch animation movies, but Brave was the one I liked more. I loved more the scenery and the characters.

Two of Pixar's lesser offerings if you ask me. That said, they're still above average when compared to most other films. Brave's story is pretty lacking but i find it more pleasant to look at and it has better music too.

Both were kind of average Pixar films for me but I still enjoyed them. Maybe a slight edge to Monsters Inc.

Cars 2 > Brave

No contest, Monster's Inc

The relationship between Sulley and Boo is so much better and so much more interesting. I can't remember a single characters name from Brave except Merida, whereas Monsters, Inc. has Mike, Boo, Sulley, Randall and Roz. The Abominable Snowman is more memorable than Merida.

Monsters Inc wins easily for me

Monsters Inc, no questions. I can't think of a single thing that Brave does better than Monsters Inc, except for the animation. Monsters Inc is funnier, more entertaining, more emotional, more intelligent, has better characters, has a better villain, and is more memorable. Brave is bland, uninteresting, unfunny, has bad characters, and lacks any charm or personality.