Spider-Man: Homecoming vs. Spider-Man 2

4 comments

13 comments

on 7/7/2017

for me Spider-man 2 is still the best, I think homecoming comes in 3rd solid film.

on 7/10/2017

Spider-Man 2 wins because of two reasons. 1. HEART and 2. FILMMAKING. The second Rami film is a drama that focuses on Peter's life and his struggles. His emotional conflict is what makes it so great! The filmmaking on point is really good. The way the camera lingers on objects, how it follows Spider-Man when it swings. The lighting, the editing is all perfect! Homecoming is one of the most underwhelming movie experiences of my life! There's nothing horribly offensive. It's just very forgettable and generic. It's a 2 hour action sequence without heart. No emotional depth. And the action isn't that great anyway. There's so much passion going into Rami's films and I saw none of that in Homecoming. Also, Tom Holland doesn't work as a main character and Tobey McGuire still can't be replaced!

on 7/10/2017

Homecoming wins for so many reasons. A lack of Tobey Maguire is probably the biggest.

on 7/10/2017

MCU gives Homecoming the edge...

on 7/26/2017

Since watching Homecoming earlier today I've been struggling with this very comparison. Until now I've said Raimi's 2nd Spidey film is the best ever. Molina's Octavius is so perfect in every way imaginable. Repeat viewing is a big thing with me. Every Spidey film since has paled in comparison. Homecoming holds a candle to Spider-Man 2, but I think it falls just shy of knocking it off the top of the hill. Molina over Keaton, but just barely.

on 8/7/2017

Spider-Man 2 is still the gold standard for Spider-Man movies. Homecoming was fun flawed.

on 8/7/2017

fun but* flawed...

on 8/7/2017

Spider-Man 2 and it's not even close. Homecoming was good and fine for setting up a kid Spidey but Raimi simply did Spider-MAN better. Emphasis on MAN.

on 8/20/2017

No matter how hard advertising and hype try's to trick you just remember: No McGuire, No Raimi means No Spider-Man.

on 8/29/2017

Spider-Man 2 will always be the best Spider-Man movie.

on 9/16/2017

For me the best Spiderman movies are: Spider-Man 2 > Spider-Man 1 > Spider-Man HC = The Amazing Spider-Man > Spider-Man 3

on 9/16/2017

Spider-Man 2 is THE best Spider-Man movie and still is top five all-time no matter the hero. Homecoming was fine but not in the same league.

on 11/7/2017

I'll take Homecoming. It actually had fun, and the addition TS gives this film a nice flow in the MIX. 2 is my second favorite and sure beats the pants off of anything Amazing Spider-Man brought to the table, but this new adaptation feels right. The only downfall is the sorry attempt to make things PC.

on 11/7/2017

Spider-Man 2 is yet unmatched. So good. Homecoming delivered potential but was may too millennial. Marvel needs to tone down the needy snowflake elements of Peter Parker in this new version.

JRM
JRM

on 11/28/2017

I find this to be a harder choice than I expected. I'll go with Homecoming for now, but I could see myself changing my mind.

ear
ear

on Mar 27

New Spider-Man too wimpy end of story

on Apr 2

Spider-Man: Homecoming really only works as a comedy. Spider-Man 2 on the other hand, manages to balance action, drama, romance, AND humor to a near seamless whole.