Rear Window vs. The Birds

on 4/15/2010

The Birds is great for what it is but vastly overrated. Rear Window.

on 4/15/2010

Rear Window is one of the best films ever made. The Birds is right up there but no Rear Window.

on 6/17/2010

Rear Window takes the win. Brilliant setting and finish.

on 6/28/2010

Epic Hitchcock matchup! Have to go with Rear Window!

on 11/8/2010

Oh.... this one is tough. I'll have to go with "Rear Window", such a good movie.

on 9/22/2013

I've seen 13 Hitchcock films so far, The Birds is my least favorite and Rear Window is my favorite.

on 9/25/2013

Rear Window.

on 11/3/2013

I'm in the minority here, but I enjoy The Birds more, even though Rear Window is still great.

on 1/5/2014

The Birds is great, but not really in the same league as Rear Window.

on 5/26/2014

Rear Window is a masterpiece such a great use of the camera and shadows with Stewat at his best and Grace looking so amazing Rear window beats a birds film that I really enjoy.

on 11/22/2014

The more times I watch The Birds, the less impressed I am by it. The reverse is true of Rear Window. The dude in the wheelchair wins...

on 8/24/2015

The two Hitchcock I had the praise of see. Both are excellent 10-rated films (and look, I'm 14), but Rear Window wins this at the end of the day.

on Mar 1

I'm not the biggest fan for either film, but I'll go with The Birds because of the (camera) shot from the boat to the house. It's somewhat similar to one of my favorite shots in Psycho, from the gas bar across the street to the policeman standing near his car. imo, both shots were unsettling.