The Perks of Being a Wallflower vs. The Social Network

4 comments

4 comments

THE SOCIAL NETWORK may be the more impressive of the two, but PERKS resonated with me on a much more personal level.

Oh yeah. I heard this film was originally titled 'The Pros of being a Pussy.' Wonder why they changed it.

I don't like movies about people I want to stick upside-down in a toilet

Swirlie! Swirlie! Swirlie!

JRM
JRM

Both these films spoke to me in ways few films do, and they're both currently in my top 50, with Social Network in my top 5.

The Social Network is much better on so many levels.

Yep, The Social Network is much better.

I'm sticking with The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Its amazing. I need to give Social Network another go. I can say, the characters in Perks, I care more for them than those in Social Network

The Social Network is clearly the better film. But Perks really resonates with me, and the ending monologue left me in pieces. One of my favorite endings I have ever seen in film

I enjoyed The Social Network much, much more...

Social Network is a fantastic film that made a compelling story out of Facebook but The Perks of being a Wallflower hit me at the right time and in years to come I'll still look at this film with so much love. The characters and story hit me more than the Social Network does. Perks gets my vote.