The Social Network vs. There Will Be Blood

6 comments

12 comments

Frankly, I'm shocked that there are no comments on this. Anyway, I think both are the best films of their respective years, but TWBB edges it out.

There will be Blood by far. The Social Network is actually my least favourite Fincher movie (although I haven't seen The Game or Panic Room yet). Maybe I have to see it again, but I didn't care about the subject matter, so I was mostly bored while watching. There will be Blood's subject matter on the other hand is fascinating. Not only that, but the movie is well acted and beautifully shot.

There Will Be Blood for sure. Didn't care about TSN.

Whoa, this is a really tough matchup...

I seem to be in the minority of commentators here, but I'm going with TSN. I think both movies have a common underlying theme, and I just happened to like TSN better.

What a difficult choice! I don't feel at all qualified to say which is objectively better, but i think the film i enjoy watching more is TSN.

Both films have a very similar tone, and a majority of people think that they should've won the Best Picture Oscar from their respective years. I feel that both films are about a rise to the top from both main protagonists, as they dwell deeper and deeper into self-pity, regret and greed. The Social Network the superior film for its witty dialogue, settings, themes and acting.

The Network defeats Daniel Plainview...

Social Network by an inch.

Both amazing films from brilliant directors. Fincher's the best, but PTA's masterpiece beats TSN.

Two very similar themes are present in each movie, but I like There Will Be Blood more.

There Will be Blood is amazing but it wasnt my fav dont think it will age well but The Social Network is a great film about one of the most important if not overrated company/industry of the 21st century a great true story as well.

Both arguably some of the best films of the 21st century so far, but I think There Will be Blood does edge out The Social Network. They're both extraordinary films, but There Will be Blood is just a bit richer and more interesting thematically, so I think it's the slightly better film.

Two of the finest movie of this current century. I love there will be blood but the social network edges it out. Need to rewatch both though.

Both are great, but TWBB slams

On rewatch, my mind changed quite a bit. There Will Be Blood is the second best movie of the century so far, with only The Social Network topping it. Both are perfect movies, but yeah I gotta give it to The Social Network. The brilliant dialogue, masterful direction, brilliant story structure and screenplay, amazing acting, brilliant score, and multilayered story with thought-provoking themes and layers give The Social Network the W. I feel like it's also a movie that just becomes more and more relevant as time passes. So yeah, TSN takes this, but only barely.

ear
ear

There Will Be Blood is superior in every aspect.

Idk about every aspect. Sure it has better acting and is probably on par with or a bit better than TSN on a technical level, but the difference isn’t that vast. The way I see it is, The Social Network is the Citizen Kane of the 21st century. Maybe not the best, but certainly the most important

But I think TWBB wins this for now