127 Hours vs. 28 Days Later...

4 comments

7 comments

My all time two favorite Danny Boyle films. One has the infected roaming London in haunting scenes while the other is the best James Franco film as he tries his darndest to stay alive. I have to go with 28 Days simply because it was a step-aside from the usual zombie picture we're all used to seeing these days.

It seems Danny Boyle is very interested in survival and how it pushes people to become something they would not. (Though both are a more than just that thematically) 28 Days Later by a pretty big margin though.

These are two great films and it's a bloody tough choice. 28 Days Later was surprisingly unlike any other zombie-like film I'd seen before. Sure it had the same idea but it was definintely expressed the most creatively. On the other hand, 127 Hours is so much more than just a guy chopping his arm off. It appropriately expresses every part of Aron's essence, from memories to desires. I think I'll choose 28 Days Later, the only reason being because I liked the ending a lot better.

I'll go with 28 Days Later. Just a fantastic horror film...

Very tough. Two standout films from one of my favourite directors. Damn it, one of the few impossible choices I've had to make. I'm going to go with 127 hours purely on the basis of having read the original book and in the knowledge that James Franco's performance is top notch.

127 Hours is the better flick.

127 Hours is my favorite Boyle flick while 28 Day Later isn't even my favorite zombie flick

Tough, tough call. For now, I'll take 28 Days Later, but 127 Hours is just outside of my top 20.

I like 28 Days Later, but 127 Hours was the film that I enjoyed the most out of the two.

I'm going to have to re-watch 28 Days soon...

Two great films from Boyle, but 127 is definitely one of his best.